cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring uart or swv on STEVAL-BCNKT01V1

Dinakaran Palani
Associate II

hi am planning to print the pcm buffer which is used in audio loop example but i am not able to configure the pins to print it on swd console or using uart

10 REPLIES 10
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Dinakaran Palani​ ,

did you already try starting from the STSW-BCNKT01 firmware package? Here you can find in the AudioLoop example in the folder \Projects\BlueCoin\Applications\AudioLoop.

The application sends audio signals acquired by the microphone to an onboard DAC  via I2S interface, so that you can play the recorded sound on 

loudspeakers or headphones.  The same Audio signal is also sent via USB (USB Audio Class).

The example explains how to configure the PDM to PCM algorithm for the microphone acquisition and filtering and the SAI (Serial Audio Interface) or 

USB for the audio output.

You may plot the output both in tools like Audacity (the BlueCoin is recognized as USB input mic) or maybe also on hyperterminal via COM port.

-Eleon

Dinakaran Palani
Associate II

hi @Eleon BORLINI​ i got that audio loop example but for my application i need to print the values on stm32 cube ide console using swv or uart pheripheral with a delay how to approach this problem and i need to configure pins on the bluecoin station also how to do it

Are you sure that a swd or a uart can sustain an audio streaming?

-Eleon

Dinakaran Palani
Associate II

i need to at-least print the values every 40sec of capturing data if it cannot sustain audio straming

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Dinakaran Palani​ ,

Andrew is right, please ask one time only your request... 😉

I have checked internally with our experts on the Bluecoin tool, and if you use the USART1 line you have to modify a little also the hardware (toghether with the FW):

You have first to remove the SAI from the FW, because you will need these physical pins, but the audio out on the jack will be prevented to work

0693W00000AMFx8QAH.png 

To take the signals you than have to connect to the CoinStation, desolder the SAI signals that are routed to the amplifier and take the USART data from the CN3:

0693W00000AMFyPQAX.png0693W00000AMFyUQAX.png 

Let me know if the procedure is clear.

-Eleon

Dinakaran Palani
Associate II

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ 

i am not clear with the third point i have soldered cn2 pins and added bluecoin station

Hi @Dinakaran Palani​ ,

the CN2 is the SAI connector for the coin board, while the CN3 is for external signal.

-Eleon

Dinakaran Palani
Associate II

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ 

I have configured the uart pins and i can view the data on the serial monitor now i need some help in configuring uart pins in the audio loop example project