cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice - Helmet Mounted Environment and Motion Sensor

novice
Associate

Hello,

I am looking for sensors for an upcoming research experiment looking at helmet-mounted motion and environmental sensing and found this article: MEMS Accelerometer Integral To New Helmet-Mounted Impact Sensor | Electronic Design. I am not looking to study collision; this will be used in an aerospace environment where I will be looking at acceleration, vibration, and head angle, as well as multiple other environmental factors (temp, pressure, etc.).

This led me to the x-nucleo-IKS4A1, which appears to have all (or most) of the capabilities I am looking for, but I am pretty new to all this and would like to understand: 1) if there may be a better product, 2) what would need to be purchased alongside this product, and 3) average time of set up for implementation especially for someone unfamiliar with these systems.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @novice ,

Welcome to ST Community!

Yes, X-NUCLEO-IKS4A1 should be perfect for your purpose.

I suggest you this article to understand how to use it and also this webinar that explains all the main features.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.