cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to unzip STSW-WISE-MAC 1.1.0. File is corrupted.

SZuer.1
Associate II

24 REPLIES 24

Hi Sebastien,

Just confirmed on an Intel machine and it had the same issue. Below are the steps I used to try to open the file.

1. Extracted en.STSW-WISE-MAC_v1.1.0.zip to wise-studio-1.1.0.dmg successfully.
  2. Double clicked on wise-studio-1.1.0.dmg which then mounted the a virtual drive called WiSE-Studio_Install.
  3. Copied WiSE-Studio.app on virtual drive to Applications folder.
  4. Went to Application folder, right clicked to WiSE-Studio.app and chose Open.
  5. An error popped up saying "WiSE-Studio.app is damaged" (see attached).

0693W00000Lz8XYQAZ.png 

The signature of the application is invalide. Enter in Terminal:

xattr -cr /PATH_TO_FILE/WiSE-Studio.app

RArch
Associate II

Having this same issue with the 'damaged and can't be opened' message on an Intel Mac running macOS Monterey V 12.2.1. I was stoked to see WiSE Studio Mac version released, hope that it can actually be used

Thanks for that, I hadn't seen your post my first time through here. After extending attributes and updating Java I'm able to launch the IDE!

I was able to use xattr to by pass "WiST-Studio.app" is damage, but still wasn't able to launch the IDE. I installed OpenJDK (version 17) but no luck. Then I installed jre-8u333 from java.com directly but still no luck.

@RArch​ How did you install/update your java?

I think you will need to install v18 of java. See the link below, you can download from the MacOS tab, there are versions there for ARM and Intel-based Mac's:

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/downloads/

@RArch​ I downloaded and installed the java v18, but it was a no-go still. I even tried to run it from command line, but it kept showing CheckForInstalledJavaRuntimes error (see attached). I will attempt it on an intel mac to see if it makes any difference.

0693W00000Np9GNQAZ.png

Sorry I couldn't be more help, good luck!

All good. Thanks for the help, @RArch​ .

@Sebastien DENOUAL​ Do you think anyone can take a look at this issue? Not sure if this information is useful, but STM32CubeIDE runs on my mac perfectly fine (with no java installed).

Hi @LeeS​,

The problem is an attribute “com.apple.quarantine�? applied by latest version of Mac OS on files downloaded.

Currently, possible solutions are:

1. From Terminal, type: xattr -cr /PATH_TO_FILE/WiSE-Studio.app

> This is the workaround mentioned by @SZuer.1​ , the attribute is removed.

1. Download the file on a Windows PC, unzip and copy the .dmg file to a MAC PC. In this way, the attribute is not applied because the download is done in Windows.

Now, I agree the clean solution is to have a signature from Apple Developer Authority. We will notify you once it will be available.

Regards,

Sebastien.