cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot build a working DTM_SPI BLE Firmware for BlueNRG-M2SA

gada
Associate III

A BLE Project for developed on steval-mksbox1v1 which had SPBTLE-1s.
Since it became NRND we switched to BlueNRG-M2SA Module which has same footprint.
Using the BlueNRG-1_2 DK 3.2.3 I have tried to get build the project with following pin changes as per mksbox connections - in hw_config.h

#define SPI_CS_PIN GPIO_Pin_1
#define SPI_OUT_PIN GPIO_Pin_2
#define SPI_IN_PIN GPIO_Pin_3
#define SPI_CLCK_PIN GPIO_Pin_0

But to my despair the in the built project binaries flashed into the module, the IRQ pin never becomes high in this firmware and the HCI code does not progress as IRQ low. In short the module does not initialize.

I have used projects from following paths.

BlueNRG-1_2 DK 3.2.3\Project\BLE_Examples\DTM\MDK-ARM\STEVAL-IDB008V1M

BlueNRG-1_2 DK 3.2.3\Project\BLE_Examples\DTM\MDK-ARM\STEVAL-IDB007V1M

After nothing of above worked, we had previous removed the ble firmware from the mksbox ble module and this particular firmware works fine on both the SPBTLE-1S and BlueNRG-M2SA with a issue that in M2SA Sleep currents are 5mA which is very high and thus we want correct firmware to be loaded in M2SA module to get lower currents.

We want the correct firmware DTMSPI for M2SA Module for Connections that are same of MKSBOX Board. Please help.

Regards

14 REPLIES 14
gada
Associate III

Hi,

Done the above changes. Results unchanged. No IRQ on BLE_INT Pin.

Hi,

No more idea on my side.
May be could you confirm using DIO7 as IRQ as our default example, you can see IRQ rising up (you can add wire to modify your PCB)?

Laurent

gada
Associate III

As you can see we are using DIO14

gada_0-1716465972294.png

Yes I see.

My request is maybe to rebuild FW with DIO7 as IRQ and modify your PCB as a test.

DIO7 is the default IRQ used in our example.

This is to see if this is related to DIO14 and any specifc thing around it.

Laurent 

gada
Associate III

In mksbox sensor tile DIO14 is used.

Could you, if possible, share the original firmware source code of DTM_Spi used in sensortile board?

That is not available online. I want to check the project because that firmware works fine on my board. its the new firmware i create which are not working.