cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the meaning of the Reference SPADs calibration? What's the meaning of the number and type of reference SPADs? What happens if VL53L0X_SetReferenceSpads() and VL53L0X_GetReferenceSpads() are not used?

WOh.2
Associate II

I have used VL53L0X without using VL53L0X_SetReferenceSpads() and VL53L0X_GetReferenceSpads(). The VL53L0X are working well without using them. I found out that some VL53L0Xs have narrower FOV than others and that VL53L0X_SetReferenceSpads() and VL53L0X_GetReferenceSpads() are not implemented in my code.

Of course, the code has been used for all VL53L0X.

I thought VL53L0X_SetReferenceSpads() and VL53L0X_GetReferenceSpads() seemed to effect the FOV.

After I implemented them, the FOV of some VL53L0Xs was changed slightly.

I tested the reflective sheet at the same boundary of FOV. If they are implemented, the distance(RangeMilliMeter) becomes about 20 mm shorter than before and the EffectiveSpadRtnCount decreases to about 48,000 less about 2,000 than before about 50,000.

Why are these happening?

1 REPLY 1
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer. Your question has been addressed internally. I will come back to you once I have an answer.

Best regards

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'