cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL6180 always don't have valid data to report.Read reg 0x4f the data is 0x00.

yjun.1
Associate II

Read reg 0x4f the data is 0x00,means No threshold events reported.and read reg 0x4d the high 4bit data is 0x0F,means Ranging Algo Overflow.But I don't know why this happens,and how to solve it.

Could anyone please help me?​Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

There could be two reasons :

• The sensor doesn't appear to be running.
  • The ranging is not finished. You read the registers too soon. You have to wait until the range is done.

Regards

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

Likely going to have to provided significantly more contextual details for any hope of debugging/diagnosing such problems.

Perhaps use logic analyzer, trigger on failure cases, output diagnostics and telemetry from your code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..