cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controling INT PIN on VL53L7CX

MŻbik.1
Associate II

Hi everyone!

I have a not conventional question to this device. INT pin is used in library to send interrupt to MCU. In my case i use just necessary part of library so the INT pin is not used at all.

So now the question. Is it possible to use it now the way i want it to?  For example there is a register i can change so the state of INT pin will also change?  

3 REPLIES 3
John E KVAM
ST Employee

You don't have to do anything to the interrupt pin. You can poll sensor, asking the question, "Are you done yet?" And the sensor will tell you. The fact that the Interrupt pin rises at the same time can be ignored.

- john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

Thank you for this answer though it's not the topic of my qestion.

Can i use INT PIN as GPIO that i'm controlling? for example turn on and off simple LED?  

Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,
INT pin can not be used for anything else than what it has been programmed by the FW for.
So no way to use it to turn on and off a simple LED using the INT pin.
Regards

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'