cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Gripe

raptorhal2
Lead

After some period of approximately 2 years my login is rejected as having incorrect username or password. Careful reentry is not successful, I keep getting the same rejection. I conclude that passwords expire after some time.

If that is true, why not a message " Your password has expired. Please create a new password" to avoid fruitless attempts to reenter the password that worked the day before?

Or correct me if I have the wrong assessment of the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, it just randomly expires with no warning. Last several times I've just gone through the reset process, meeting the requirements du-jour for characters, case, and length, etc

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

No, it just randomly expires with no warning. Last several times I've just gone through the reset process, meeting the requirements du-jour for characters, case, and length, etc

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

I think (sometimes?) it rejects old passwords because they don't meet the current requirements for characters, length, case, etc.

It is, indeed, very annoying. ☹️

It should explicitly say why it's rejecting the password - not just say it's incorrect when it isn't.

A plausable guess as to cause, but I updated the password with the same password, and it works.

ST is investigating the problem.

Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @raptorhal2 , all, 

Thanks for sharing your concern. This process is currently being being reworked and as an outcome, there will be a similar message once a member will enter an expired password. 

Once it is rolled out, I will let you know. 

Greetings,
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.