cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube.AI runtime won't work

M_Ehe
Associate II

I'm trying to add different trained models to my CubeMX project, but all Keras and ONNX models (even example models from the stm model zoo) produce the same error during the analization process:

Failed to execute script 'pyi_rth_pkgres' due to unhandled exception!

When using TFLite models, only the TFLite micro runtime is working, the STM32Cube.AI runtime produces the same error as above.

Do i need any additional packages or download the STM32Cube.Ai runtime manually?

Thanks,

Marisa

4 REPLIES 4
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

You should not have this kind of error as in the delivery all necessary dependencies are delivered with the tool. What version of OS are you on ?

In the version 9.0 that we just published on st.com we have a different packaging strategy. It will be interesting to see if you see the same behavior.

The 9.0 is probably not visible yet in STM32CubeMX, just download it from st.com and in STM32CubeMX perform an install "From Local" and point to the .pack file.

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello, I was using STM32CubeMX Version 6.10 (this was the latest version back in february) with Cube AI  8.1 on windows 10.

Now i am using Cube AI 9.0 as suggested and the original error disappeared. However, a new error appeared while using the STM32Cube.Ai runtime. The new error said that i need to set the key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\LongPathsEnabled to 1. After i did that, another error regarding some undefined functions appeared as shown in the attached file. The same model still runs fine using the TFLite runtime with Cube AI 9.0 & Cube MX 6.10

Best regards,

Marisa

fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

Did you reboot the computer after authorizing the long path in the system ? 

I'm wondering if the tool thinks it is authorized but as the system is not rebooted the system doesn't actually authorize it.

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Initially, no, i did not reboot the computer. But now i did to make sure that the long path is actually authorized. Unfortunately, i still receive the same error regarding the undefined functions "PyInit_general_utilities", "PyInit_st_ai" and the name error "st_ai".

Best regards,

Marisa