cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use of STM32cube AI in STM32cubeIDE for STM32H7s78-DK hardware

Himanshuparmar
Associate II

Hello,

I have STM32H7S78-DK board and its have ARM cortex M7 core. As per research I saw that AI model is work on the same M7 cortex but I didn't know how it will work? would you please let us know STM32H7S78 supports AI model implements or not and if yes then can anyone provide steps to how we can implements on the board.

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
ishanpadaliya
Associate

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

while configuring PSRAM from X-CUBE-AI directly, i need to enable XSPI1 interface, but while running the code i'm getting error "HAL_TIMEOUT" in function "HAL_XSPI_Init".

attaching the SS of XSPI1 config.

ishanpadaliya_0-1725443431632.png

ishanpadaliya_1-1725443484531.pngishanpadaliya_2-1725443517798.png

Please guide us on the same.

Thanks and regards,
Ishan

You are right, you need to enable XSPI1 but X-CUBE-AI should set the parameters for you.

Could you please try these settings ?

hamitiya_0-1725449107986.png

You could also generate a project with ST Edge AI Developer Cloud, it sets all the parameters for you (enabling External RAM and External Flash)

Best regards,

Yanis

EDIT: it looks like you are settings parameters in Application context and not Boot. STM32H7S78-DK is quite low on internal flash, thus, in X-CUBE-AI, we generate a project which "run in place" (see in STM32H7S78-DK the template XIP). This allows you to run directly in External Flash.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I have properly configured and download a project, with configured AI_model and external RAM, from ST Edge AI Developer Cloud.

I took this project as reference and tried same configuration in my project. Still getting three issues, not able to make same configuration as reference project.

1) XSPI1/XSPI2 >> MMT >> Generic >> Device type (Not defined)

Note: If i remove EXTMEM_MANAGER and EXTMEM_LOADER, it's getting (RAM/FLASH), but once i configured EXTMEM_MANAGER and EXTMEM_LOADER, Generic option turns into pink color. and getting below error.

- Main Config: These peripherals still have some not configured or wrong parameter values: [XSPI1, XSPI2]

ishanpadaliya_0-1725541280832.png

ishanpadaliya_1-1725541298186.png

2) In X-CUBE-AI, when i configure External Ram and External Flash, Memory option has only one option "custom". not getting options like, External SRAM or External NOR Flash.

ishanpadaliya_2-1725541597852.png

3) How can i add platform Settings in X-CUBE-AL configuration ?

ishanpadaliya_3-1725541802192.png

Please guide me on the same, how can i configure it properly.

Thanks and regards,
Ishan. 

Hello,

I will give it a try locally. In order to test with the same configuration, could you please confirm your STM32CubeMX version ? 

Yanis

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ishanpadaliya
Associate

Sure,
Using STM32CubeMX version : v6.11.0

Thanks 
Ishan

Hello,

Here you will find a template using a model from ST Edge AI Model Zoo.

You can then open STM32CubeMX and replace the model.

It should compile on your side without warning and should output in COM port: 

hamitiya_0-1725623546869.png

Best regards,

Yanis