cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, i have recorded some data using the BLE option with STWINKt1b. the file are .dat file, how do i convert it to CSV or better how do i import the files to Unico in order to build a configuration for the ISM330DHCX ? thanks in advance :)

TS.2
Associate
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @TS.2​ ,

you might use the High Speed Datalog function pack, as reported in the user manual UM2688 (p. 31), you can use an already available python script (folder \Utilities\Python_SDK\).

In particular, the hsdatalog_to_unico.py can prepare data to be imported into Unico-GUI. You can find it in the, but I attach it to this post for completeness.

As second step, you might need to charge again the .ucf file on the STWIN, in order to configure the ISM330DHCX.

For this scope, you can check the procedure I've reported here below:

Run the example with STWIN and HSDatalog

HSDatalog is a high speed data logging command line application for the STWIN board.

HSDatalog also allows configuring ISM330DHCX Machine learning Core and reading the output of the selected algorithm.

Here all the required steps to run a MLC example through STWIN and HSDatalog:

• Download the latest version of HSDatalog, contained in FP-SNS-DATALOG1 (STM32Cube High Speed Datalog function pack for STWIN evaluation kits)
  • STWIN has to be programmed with HSDatalog firmware from FP-SNS-DATALOG1 package (if already programmed you can skip the following two steps)
    • Put the STWIN in DFU mode (Direct Firmware Upgrade): disconnect the battery and unplug the USB cable, press and hold the "USR" button, connect the USB cable then release the button while connecting the USB cable.
    • Run STM32CubeProgrammer, select "USB" from the pull-down menu on the right, then press "Connect". Click on the Menu button in the top-left corner. Optionally perform a full chip erase. Select "Erase & Programming", browse to select the HSDatalog binary (e.g. \FP-SNS-DATALOG1_V1.0.0\Projects\HSDatalog\Binary\HSDatalog.bin), set the address to 0x8000000, check "Run after Programming", then click "Start Programming".
  • Load the .ucf configuration to ISM330DHCX on STWIN, and acquire data logs to see MLC outputs. To do this, a terminal has to be opened, and the "cli_example" application (contained in \FP-SNS-DATALOG1_V1.0.0\Utilities\cli_example\bin) has to be called specifying the .ucf file name and (optionally) the period of the acquisition:
    • cli_example.exe -u file_name.ucf -t n_sec
  • Further details on the high-speed data log function pack are available in the user manual UM2688.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @TS.2​ ,

you might use the High Speed Datalog function pack, as reported in the user manual UM2688 (p. 31), you can use an already available python script (folder \Utilities\Python_SDK\).

In particular, the hsdatalog_to_unico.py can prepare data to be imported into Unico-GUI. You can find it in the, but I attach it to this post for completeness.

As second step, you might need to charge again the .ucf file on the STWIN, in order to configure the ISM330DHCX.

For this scope, you can check the procedure I've reported here below:

Run the example with STWIN and HSDatalog

HSDatalog is a high speed data logging command line application for the STWIN board.

HSDatalog also allows configuring ISM330DHCX Machine learning Core and reading the output of the selected algorithm.

Here all the required steps to run a MLC example through STWIN and HSDatalog:

• Download the latest version of HSDatalog, contained in FP-SNS-DATALOG1 (STM32Cube High Speed Datalog function pack for STWIN evaluation kits)
  • STWIN has to be programmed with HSDatalog firmware from FP-SNS-DATALOG1 package (if already programmed you can skip the following two steps)
    • Put the STWIN in DFU mode (Direct Firmware Upgrade): disconnect the battery and unplug the USB cable, press and hold the "USR" button, connect the USB cable then release the button while connecting the USB cable.
    • Run STM32CubeProgrammer, select "USB" from the pull-down menu on the right, then press "Connect". Click on the Menu button in the top-left corner. Optionally perform a full chip erase. Select "Erase & Programming", browse to select the HSDatalog binary (e.g. \FP-SNS-DATALOG1_V1.0.0\Projects\HSDatalog\Binary\HSDatalog.bin), set the address to 0x8000000, check "Run after Programming", then click "Start Programming".
  • Load the .ucf configuration to ISM330DHCX on STWIN, and acquire data logs to see MLC outputs. To do this, a terminal has to be opened, and the "cli_example" application (contained in \FP-SNS-DATALOG1_V1.0.0\Utilities\cli_example\bin) has to be called specifying the .ucf file name and (optionally) the period of the acquisition:
    • cli_example.exe -u file_name.ucf -t n_sec
  • Further details on the high-speed data log function pack are available in the user manual UM2688.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @TS.2​ ,

did you make some progression with your issue, according to the above answer?

-Eleon