cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the open load in PLAY is not detected in CAN message in AEK-AUD-C1D9031.

shiva_shankar_e
Associate III

hi community,

i had been working for a while on AEK-AUD-C1D9031 with CAN protocol and everything is working fine. but when i was working with open load of the speaker. in MUTE mode CAN message is working fine but in the PLAY mode the CAN message is not UPDATED, even the structure is also not UPDATED.

can any know the reason behind it.

regards

shiva

4 REPLIES 4
Max VIZZINI
ST Employee

Hi

Until you remain in open load condition, there will be no additional CAN messages if you switch between MUTE and PLAY.

If you would like to have it, you can implement by extending the CAN message database.

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team

shiva_shankar_e
Associate III

hi team,

Until you remain in open load condition, there will be no additional CAN messages if you switch between MUTE and PLAY.        -> yes we got this long back

If you would like to have it, you can implement by extending the CAN message database. -> we implemented already. 

1.   hear my question is FAULT_OPEN_LOAD_PLAY (0x1A1B1C1DUL) is not transmitted even though I had opened the speaker in PLAY mode. 

2. the condition       if ( FDA903_Errors[dev].B.OPENLOAD_IN_PLAY_TEST_IS_VALID == 1 && FDA903_Errors[dev].B.OPENLOAD_PLAY == 1)  is not getting true.

( Hear FDA903_Errors[dev].B.OPENLOAD_IN_PLAY_TEST_IS_VALID and FDA903_Errors[dev].B.OPENLOAD_PLAY are not updating in PLAY mode but in MUTE mode it is updating)

Until you remain in open load condition, there will be no additional CAN messages if you switch between MUTE and PLAY.        -> yes we got this long back

If you would like to have it, you can implement by extending the CAN message database. -> we implemented already. 

1.   hear my question is FAULT_OPEN_LOAD_PLAY (0x1A1B1C1DUL) is not transmitted even though I had opened the speaker in PLAY mode. 

2. the condition       if ( FDA903_Errors[dev].B.OPENLOAD_IN_PLAY_TEST_IS_VALID == 1 && FDA903_Errors[dev].B.OPENLOAD_PLAY == 1)  is not getting true.

( Hear FDA903_Errors[dev].B.OPENLOAD_IN_PLAY_TEST_IS_VALID and FDA903_Errors[dev].B.OPENLOAD_PLAY are not updating in PLAY mode but in MUTE mode it is updating)

Hi Shiva_Shankar

The FDA903D audio amplifier provides the ability to detect the open load even in play.
If the audio signal is judged to be good enough to provide a reliable result, the test result is valid. Otherwise, if the audio signal doesn't allow a reliable detection.
See paragraph (11.4) of the data sheet.
In addition, in the AVAS UM, in paragraph 7.1, step 12,
in the image it is emphasized that the "volume" variable in the demo code must be increased
to overcome the threshold under which the open Load in play detection test is not valid.

Hope this can help.

Thanks,

AutoDevKit Team