cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin mode question for SPC582B using SPC5 Studio

decemberdream
Associate

Hello,

I'm trying to start new project which is AVAS PRJ with SPC582B. So, I'm studying it with ST EVK like below.

decemberdream_0-1719366541509.png

Anyway, When I check pin mode in AutoDevKitStudio, I don't understand exaclty the meaning of pin modes(MODE_IO/MODE_GPI/MODE_OUTPUT/MODE_INPUT/MODE_PI/MODE_EIRQ) like below red circle.

decemberdream_4-1719366846659.png

Could you let me know about the pin modes??

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi decemberdream, 

the answer to your question is yes. 

you can find more details looking the chapter 14 of the Reference Manual 

Thanks,

AutoDevKit Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ATROI
ST Employee

Hello Decemberdream,

the pin modes indicate the direction of the signal depending on the micro, i.e. mode_input means that this pin is set as the input pin of the micro, pin_output means that this is a pin from which the signal goes out of the micro. Mode_EIRQ means that the pin is an input pin and is used to manage an external interrupt.

I suggest using the pin map editor for pin allocation

ATROI_0-1719395948294.png

More details can be see looking the chapters 7 and 8 of the UM2623

Thanks,

AutoDevKit Team.

Hello ATROI,

Thanks for your useful information.

I tested it after I read UM2623 especially chapter 7 & 8 as you mentioned.

But I have one more question about GPIO(Input/Output) as first line on pop-up below(Red Part).

decemberdream_2-1719436810982.png

When I loaded reference source code on my EVK which I posted it as picture before, it shows LED_3 pin should be used SIUL/GPIO11 (SIUM General Purpose I/O 11) to use as GPIO Out(LED_3) thru the setting(Input/Output) on Pop-up menu.

What does it mean Input/Output?? I'm wondering if this Input/Output setting means the pin is used as input and output at once.

Usually, ARM based core should be set the GPIO either as Input or Output. But this SPC582B(PowerPC core??) can be worked both of Input and Output at once??

If yes, How to read input buffer and write output buffer??

Thanks,

Hi decemberdream, 

the answer to your question is yes. 

you can find more details looking the chapter 14 of the Reference Manual 

Thanks,

AutoDevKit Team