cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube IDE vs AutoDevKitStudio HELP! AEK-MCU-C4MLIT1

Orbiter
Senior

Hi, 

I just moved from stm32 with Cube IDE into AutoDevKit with an AEK-MCU-C4MLIT1 discovery board. 

I am so frustrated after a complete 8 hour spin and still no results. 

Why is AutoDevKit called an IDE when the Debugger is still external? I dont get it. 

I tried to get it running and found posts heer, 3 years old already stating that the eclipse integration tool does not work anymore. 

I run into trouble with the external UDE debugger as well, plenty of them. 

Is there an IDE as CUBE where I can get everything for the SPC controllers? Is there an explanation and code example of simple things like blinking LEDs, hello word kind of things? Or is there a way to run SPC58 in CubeIDE? Tips, suggestions?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

Hello ,

You can not compiled SPC58 in CubeIDE ?

but you can install OpenOcd in AutodevKit Studio or SPC5Studio by using update site mecanism : 

or 

Install PLS Integrated debugger

http://spc5tools.spc5studio.com

Openocd (Linux/Windows) with eclipse plugins have a better integration in SPC5Studio/Autodevkit Studio than PLS (Windows only)

Best Regards

Erwan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

Hello ,

You can not compiled SPC58 in CubeIDE ?

but you can install OpenOcd in AutodevKit Studio or SPC5Studio by using update site mecanism : 

or 

Install PLS Integrated debugger

http://spc5tools.spc5studio.com

Openocd (Linux/Windows) with eclipse plugins have a better integration in SPC5Studio/Autodevkit Studio than PLS (Windows only)

Best Regards

Erwan

Frankly, I am lost! I think the customers knowing how to manage all this don´t need the answer for the ones like me the common expectation is a double click on an exe file and maximum one additional driver for ftdi, the rest should just work. 

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

STM32 (arm) has a greater community than SPC5 Family (powerpc) (more automotive part) but not the same bandwidth.

Same company but different IDE.

the good advantage of SPC5Studio / Autodevkit Studio (based on eclipse framework) , it is possible to install your own debugger and integrate it in your IDE. (like Cube)

• Openocd (cf screenshot)
  • PLS (partnership)
  • Trace32
  • Segger
  • and so on ..

ErwanYVIN_0-1693386132901.png

I am here to help you 

I have a bit of a hard time seeing how this is an advantage. 

I do not have own debuggers, do not use Segger and so on. I would just expect that an IDE acts like an integrated development environment. Which means I press install and aftwards everything works. I hardly understand all of this Kludge, what is this? 

Can´t I just get an out of the box working IDE with the drivers needed for the mcu/board? 

A good documentation, libraries and all of this in one window?