cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMS63EN Example does not start

Orbiter
Senior

I imported the SPC58EC - AEK_POW_BMS63EN_SOC_Estimation_Single application, configured like described in UM3185. 

(Side note: The Board View may also view that the ISO SPI needs a Powersupply... So I wonder the Generic pins table..shall I do something here or is it just info?)

When I connect the BMS63EN to the battery pack, the green LED flashes very shortly, than no further signs of live. 

When I flash the AEK-MCU_C44MLIT1 nor errors are shown, though only one core is used, I think thats ok? 

When I restart the MCU the debugger shows its running, LED 1 and 3 are green. 

When connecting the ISO SPI to the BMS63EN nothing happens while MCU is without power.

Turning on Power to the MCU:

On the ISO SPI the red, blue and green LED are lit. 

Nothing on the BMS63EN is lit. 

->Closed the debugger (UDE), restarted for safety everything, opened Autodevkit, Window->Show View->other->terminal->terminal. 

I opened Terminal on both available COM Ports, on both speeds 115200 and the older mentioned 38400 and receive: NOTHING. 

Shouldn't the example application somehow communicate? Do I need to start it somehow? How? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Max VIZZINI
ST Employee

Hi Michael,

Not all can be understood from your pictures. So, let me list a few points to verify:

1. If you connect the UDE debugger, the second core used to print on the serial will not work. It is important to switch off UDE and reset the microcontroller.

2. Let's assume you that the microcontroller has been reset. We cannot see the BNE led on in the ISOSPI board. The reason for that is normally related to the connection between microcontroller and ISOSPI board or BMS board with the battery pack. In both cases, the wakeup startup will not commence.

3. It is not completely clear from the picture, but it seems that the ISOSPI VIO is 5V (VIO is connected to C36 that should be 5V) while the MCU board configuration is set at 3.3V (see jumper on the board).

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Max VIZZINI
ST Employee

Hi Michael,

Not all can be understood from your pictures. So, let me list a few points to verify:

1. If you connect the UDE debugger, the second core used to print on the serial will not work. It is important to switch off UDE and reset the microcontroller.

2. Let's assume you that the microcontroller has been reset. We cannot see the BNE led on in the ISOSPI board. The reason for that is normally related to the connection between microcontroller and ISOSPI board or BMS board with the battery pack. In both cases, the wakeup startup will not commence.

3. It is not completely clear from the picture, but it seems that the ISOSPI VIO is 5V (VIO is connected to C36 that should be 5V) while the MCU board configuration is set at 3.3V (see jumper on the board).

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team

Hello Max,

thanks for the help. 

1) I closed UDE and made a reset of the device

2) Right the BNE LED (Yellow) is dark. the cables look fine, is there a way to fault trace it?

3)Oh.. that was news to me. So the Jumpers will set the whole board to 5 or 3.3V? I looked up the schematics and the pin is named 5V .. ok., So now the jumpers are up for a 5V config. 

Only difference is that the LEDs got darker. 

Still no change. 

4)And another follow up question: Wheer can I see how I shall configure the Serial connection (Speed, format)? Since I also tried the example for serial connection but could only receive scrambled random signs, whatever I configured it with. 

The BMS63EN has now lit its LED, without any other connection..I guess thats good?

It went of now again, and I cant bring it back on, I checked for loose connections, but everything sits tight.. I dont know where to look.

Orbiter
Senior

It works! 

Completely! 

The issue was the 3.3V connection... that was a hard one! 

Please see the attached screenshot. How should one know C37 is always 3.3V ? No matter the board settings