cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX: regenerated code of iperf example does not build anymore

MFuch.3
Associate II

Hi,

I setup a fresh project with STM32CubeIDE 1.12.0 (CubeMX 6.8.0) based on the iperf example for NUCLEO-H563 board. The project build and runs correctly. Fine!

Then I opened the ioc file that comes with the example and did a small modification (add PF4 as GPIO output). Then I regenerated the code.

As a result the project outline changed and the project did not build anymore due to lots of undefined references by the linker (SystemInit(), _tx_timer_interrupt(), many HAL_* functions).

Questions:

1) Can I expect that regenerated code by CubeMX is working on "original" examples?

2) How Can I fix this?

3) The project folder structure in the IDE does not reflect the file structure on disc (e.g. Application/User only exists in IDE). How can I create such structure by hand, e.g. to fix this? Will this withstand a further regeneration of the code?

Cheers,

Matthias

Original project structure:

Structure after code has been regenerated:

5 REPLIES 5
MFuch.3
Associate II

New structure:

0693W00000aJVxkQAG.pngOriginal project structure:

0693W00000aJVxfQAG.png

Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

After modification (add PF4 as GPIO output) , go to project manager -> Code generator :

0693W00000aJYyqQAG.pngRe-generate the code:

0693W00000aJYzoQAG.png 

Hope I helped you!

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

MFuch.3
Associate II

Thank for testing. I retried with exactly same setting from code generator.

But finally Application/User/NetXDua/App/nx_iperf.c vanishes during code generation and the build process still fails.

I am running on ubuntu 20.04 host.

On disk the complete folder Middlewares/ST/netxduo/utility/) is missing after regeneration - may be more.

0693W00000aJbDZQA0.png

Could you try please to enable the " Backup previously generated files when re-generating "

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

MFuch.3
Associate II

This option was already switched on.

BUT, I did the same steps on a Windows machine. There it worked out-of-the-box. So it's related to Linux hosts. So may be some internal file case issue? For me that's ok at the moment and hopefully you can use this info for reproducing on Linux. But I am open for further ideas and tests.

Matthias