cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code generation problem for RTC with STM32WL

MLour.1
Associate

I'm currently having problems with the code generated by CubeMx for the RTC on my STM32WL MCU. Indeed, after generating the code and building the project, there are errors in the timer_if.c file. Each time the rtc handler is used, it says that the reference to "h" (which is the name of the handler generated by CubeMx) is unknown. The problem disapears when I rename the handler and call it "hrtc", which is the same name as the rtc handler generated in the main.c file. Does anyone know where the problem comes from?

Thank you !

ML

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @AZube.2​ & @AAlat.1​,

Thank you both for your contributions and for your detailed explanations,

I confirm the issue on my side, it has been reported to STM32CubeMX development team .

Internal ticket number: 133317 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

I will keep you posted with updates.

Regards,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @MLour.1​ ,

Thank you for your feedback,

Could you please provide your IOC file so that we can reproduce the issue.

Best regards,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AZube.2
Associate III

Hello ST members and employees,

I am having the exact same problem. I modified each "h" instance with "hrtc" and the undefined reference errors disappeared when building the project. However, I would like to understand and solve this problem from its root.

Since @MLour.1​ did not answer you, here I attach my IOC file. Just to inform, I am trying to adapt the end_node application to my custom board, where I use a IS2MDC magnetic sensor.

Thanks for the support and best regards,

Asier

I think I had the same issue.

Short answer:

Check your Middleware->LoRaWAN->Platform Settings -> TimeServer.

It may be that it glitched to "Undefined". Change it back to "RTC" and it may work.

Long answer: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001jmefXSAQ/code-generation-glitch-for-rtc-with-stm32wl

Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @AZube.2​ & @AAlat.1​,

Thank you both for your contributions and for your detailed explanations,

I confirm the issue on my side, it has been reported to STM32CubeMX development team .

Internal ticket number: 133317 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

I will keep you posted with updates.

Regards,

Aziz

This fixed my issue, thank you