cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Designer deletes interaction.

SYama.11
Associate II

Hello,

I made an interaction for a Flex button to call a function with TouchGFX Designer 4.15.0.

I closed TouchGFX Designer and reopen the project file that I saved, the interaction is not bound to any button. (See the image below)

0693W000008yxutQAA.pngWhen I press [Generate Code] button on TouchGFX Designer, the interaction in ViewBase class is overwritten and deleted.

However .touchgfx file is not changed at all, so I can see the interaction is bound to button if I open the project file with text editor.

This bug does not always occur. and other interactions in the same screen or the other screen is not affected.

Hope this issue would be fixed soon.​

Shimpei.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Shimpei,

After having a look at your project and reproducing the issue, I noticed that if you modify the name of the widget (e.g from "closeButton" to "cancelButton"), the bug disappears. In private message you confirmed it worked.

I fully understand that it's only a quick workaround and we will try to find the source of this bug.

Thank you for your feedback.

/Alexandre

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this. The latest version of TouchGFX is 4.16.1, could you try to migrate your project to this version and see if this still happens ?

/Romain

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello SYama.1,

I tried myself with 4.15.0, 4.16.0 and 4.16.1 and I cannot reproduce the issue.

Could you tell us the steps you did to arrive to this unwanted behavior ?

In any case, as Romain mentioned, please try with 4.16.1 which is the latest version.

/Alexandre

SYama.11
Associate II

Thank you for your answers.

I tried with 4.16.1 and it doesn't change at all.

I open the project file with Designer, the clicked source field of interaction for "closeButton" is already empty.

But as you can see the image attached the first post, the instruction text (When closeButton clicked call virtula functrion) is correct.

I didn't do anything except open the project file to reach this behavior.

I deleted and added the button again, but it doesn't help.

I took over the project file so I don't know well when and how was the button created.

Shimpei.

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello Shimpei,

Did you try to create another project and see if you have the same issue ?

As I said previously, unfortunately I was not able to reproduce the issue.

Could you enclose the project here so that I can see on my machine if I reproduce the issue ?

If it's too secret maybe you can send it to me by private message.

/Alexandre

SYama.11
Associate II

Hello Alexandre,

I sent you a private message with the project file that problem occurs.

I hope it helps you to solve the problem.​

Shimpei.

Hello Shimpei,

After having a look at your project and reproducing the issue, I noticed that if you modify the name of the widget (e.g from "closeButton" to "cancelButton"), the bug disappears. In private message you confirmed it worked.

I fully understand that it's only a quick workaround and we will try to find the source of this bug.

Thank you for your feedback.

/Alexandre