cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Camera Video Streaming over STM32F429ZI Nucleo Board

RPraj.2
Associate II

Hello Team,

We are trying to validate OV2640 2 MP USB camera over STM32F429ZI Development which we have.

Our Main Project aim is as per below

1) Capture Image or Video Streaming with maximum 2 MP like OV2640 USB Camera

2) Transfer over WiFi

So, Can anyone help me or provide me reference code which has been validated and tested to fulfill above requirements over USB Camera?

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

8 REPLIES 8
RPraj.2
Associate II

Hello Team,

Any Update for query which I have asked earlier? Let me know if need anything else from my end.

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

RPraj.2
Associate II

Hello Support Team,

Any update for query which i have posted? Let me know if need anything else from my end.

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

Piranha
Chief II

> provide me reference code which has been validated and tested to fulfill above requirements

Obviously no. You will have to actually learn things and do the work!

https://www.google.com/search?q=STM32+OV2640

Thanks for providing prompt response.

I agree that there is no any reference code for the same.

We have already validated OV2640 Camera with other controller but that is on SCCB Interface and we need to validate over USB Interface as per requirements.

So Let me know if you can provide just reference code or any help if anyone has validate USB camera over STM32.

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

Probably no free lunches to be had here, you likely need to find consultants with domain expertise to carry the project forward.

The STM32 parts typically use DCMI to interface camera, and the NUCLEO-144 is not the ideal target for that.

Also USB Hosting is relatively complicated, the USB controller has a finite number of end points, and the bandwidth is relatively slow.

There are some DevEBox (MCUDEV) boards and others with DCMI camera interface connectors and other board supporting MV CAM

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for your quick response.

> Also USB Hosting is relatively complicated, the USB controller has a finite number of end points, and the bandwidth is relatively slow.

I have checked STM32 Specification and it supports USB 2.0 Host Interface. So, I am little bit curious that up to how much speed it supports or it supports as per USB 2.0 Low Speed, Full Speed and High Speed specifications?

I just want to know that has anyone proved USB Camera over STM32 Nucleo -144 Development Board? We have verified Pendrive to write sample file.

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

>>I just want to know that has anyone proved USB Camera over STM32 Nucleo -144 Development Board?

The forum has a fairly limited participation, the 10-day answer appears to be NO

People may have come up with commercial solutions, however these are typically not shared, and likely on hardware other than the NUCLEO. Those might port to other F4 or F429 boards. I don't recall the NUCLEO having an external USB PHY.

Must it be USB connected? The ArduCAM uses SPI and I2C https://www.arducam.com/product/arducam-2mp-spi-camera-b0067-arduino/

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks. will check it into details and let you know if any further query for the same.