cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello i am going to start graphic project on stm32 discovery board but altough my stm32cubemx is latest virsion but i dont have graphic icon in middleware of stm32cubemx can anyone help me thank you so mutch

Msade.1
Associate

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

It looks like you've already assigned a lot of pins that are needed to do graphics. But regardless of this, at least LTDC is necessary for graphics applications, which can be found under category Multimedia or under A->Z.

However, if you've never developed a graphics application on the DISCOVERY, you should start with TouchGFX.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @Msade.1​ 

Thanks for your question,

Actually, STM32CubeMX is a graphical tool that allows a very easy configuration of STM32 MCU and MPU, as well as the generation of the corresponding initialization C code through a step-by-step process.

In fact, the graphical configuration includes the activation of the middleware (same for the IPs) and the settings of its parameters graphically (using check-boxes and options with enabled/disabled choice...) to have a generated code that contains the necessary functions with the configuration made through CubeMX.

0693W000007ZAsfQAG.png 

Hope my answer helped you, when your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thanks for your contribution, Khouloud