cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747-DISCO How to configure modbus Serial Port Protocol (RTU/TCP) through stmcubMX?

judy
Associate II

Hello engineers, I am working on a GUI interface with touchgfx. After a long period of exploration, I am now able to burn the official touchgfx sample to the development board, and now I am running into a few new problems.
Question 1: I have burned the official simple example: The Button Example shows how to handle clicks of a Button using interactions. It also shows how to interact with the nresenter A bit of logic to enable and disable buttons is done by the presenter. Through this example, I want to click the button to send data and cooperate with mobdus devices to achieve serial communication function. However, the difficulty is that I do not know how to configure usart/uart serial port through STM32cubeMX to achieve serial communication function with mobdus devices. RS232 or RS485 serial port is not found in the development board.
Question 2: Is the fan-out board (MB1280) used? If so, how should I use it? If you can use it, please give me some related circuit diagrams and use tutorials
Thank you very much!

2 REPLIES 2
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Modbus needs a library/stack to add in your application. It's not something it could be configured natively in CubeMx.

See this thread: https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-products/stm32-modbus/td-p/384413

For STM32H747-DISCO usage you can refer to its user manual on this link.and its schematics on this link.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Your Tutor should be providing the Tutorials..  The web is also full of material, a Google or YouTube search away.

RS232 / RS485 will need to be achieved via suitable level shifters / interface converters to get from the 3.3V CMOS signally used by the MCU.

See parts like MAX3232 / ST3232C   https://www.st.com/en/interfaces-and-transceivers/st3232c.html

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..