cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin Compatible Alternatives to STM32F765VIT6?

Mike Hooper
Senior

Due to the global chip shortages, we need to purchase a pin-compatible (LQFP100) version of the STM32F765VIT6. Since we don't need the 2k Flash we are looking at the STM32F7767VGT6, or the STM32F746VGT6. Both appear to have the same essential architecture except for Flash and RAM size. Doe anyone know of any other significant differences other than the obvious peripheral differences? We are currently in production and need a speedy substitute.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

Thanks for your question,

As mentioned by @Community member​ , CubeMX allows you to know the list of MCUs with Pinout compatible, you just need to start by creating a new project using your MCU part number (STM32F765VIT6 in your case) and press ALT+L to get the list of all compatible MCUs as presented in the image below:

0693W000007Z7vMQAS.pngIn addition to that, CubeMX offers to their users a way to compare two or more MCUs and all that under the Cross Selector:

0693W000007Z7vlQAC.png 

Hope my answer helped you, when your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thanks for your contribution, Khouloud

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Thousands of these in free stock STM32F730V8T6, 100's of these STM32F767VGT6 (22-Feb-2021)

The F730 has more memory on die, might work in a pinch. Not done the pin-for-pin due diligence.

CubeMX supposedly has a feature to sieve parts, not my tool of choice.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

Thanks for your question,

As mentioned by @Community member​ , CubeMX allows you to know the list of MCUs with Pinout compatible, you just need to start by creating a new project using your MCU part number (STM32F765VIT6 in your case) and press ALT+L to get the list of all compatible MCUs as presented in the image below:

0693W000007Z7vMQAS.pngIn addition to that, CubeMX offers to their users a way to compare two or more MCUs and all that under the Cross Selector:

0693W000007Z7vlQAC.png 

Hope my answer helped you, when your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thanks for your contribution, Khouloud

Mike Hooper
Senior

Perfect! Very helpful. Thanks!

Mike Hooper
Senior

I don't mean to be disrespectful of ST, but since there are NO STM32Fx 100LQFP chips available anywhere in the world, is anyone familiar with the other ARM chip manufacturers such as NXP's KV5x as potential pin-for-pin alternatives to the STM32F765VIT? I have tried to use Cube MX program suggested above, but apparently ST's server is not working. When I try to use the Cross Selector I get an error message that the server is not responding...?

Are there pin-compatible alternatives to the STM products?

Mike Hooper
Senior

To answer my own question, a quick look at the VSS VDD pins of the NXP KV5x shows that they do NOT line up with the STM32F7 100LQFP.

You're probably going to need to go to HK/CN to find them, but would seem there are parts out there.

https://www.digipart.com/part/STM32F765VIT

There were a few 1000 of the F730's at tier ones when you first posted.

What's your run rate?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Piranha
Chief II

STM32F745VET6 have shown up on Digi-Key.

Also take a look on dates of STM32F767VIT6, STM32F756VGT6, STM32F746VGT7 at Mouser and STM32F777VIT6 at Farnell.

Mike Hooper
Senior

Clive,

Most of the suppliers you listed are brokers. The only one that responded to my RFQ was JAK Electronics. Their price.....$47.70 per chip @ 100 pcs. Non-starter.

Piranha....very helpful on the Mouser parts. DigiKey shows zero stock on the 745, and Farnerll has them on order for July.

Thanks all! Crazy sittuation.