cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after using flash functions for flash write code is jumping into hardfault handler

Anand Ram
Associate III

my code is jumping into hardfault handler 0693W000008xrWeQAI.pngduring/after flash write procedure.some problem with mutex or task handling,

can somebody explains how to hold the thread until the flash write is complete.

note: flash write functions are called inside the "below normal " priority thread.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand Ram
Associate III

hi, i have fixed this issue,

there is problem in flashing of 96 K in 5 millisecond task, and other tasks are halt and ended with trap.

I have implemented a semaphore concept to flash block by block and the task un-interruption is solved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Javier1
Principal

can we see your "flash function" ?

Are you erasing flash pages before writting them?

Also, there is a lock unlock flash logic you should pay attention to.

Maybe this helps

flashaddr=0x8015000	
uint32_t *p0=&mydata;
	for (uint32_t i = 0; i < (sizeof(mydata)/4); ++i) {
		HAL_FLASH_Unlock();
		HAL_FLASH_Program(FLASH_TYPEPROGRAM_WORD, (flashaddr), (uint32_t)*(p0+i));
		CLEAR_BIT (FLASH->CR, (FLASH_CR_PG));
		HAL_FLASH_Lock();
		flashaddr+=4;
	}

Anand Ram
Associate III

_disable_irq();

do{

sl_ret = BPC_FLASH_Block_Erase_l(FLASH_BANK_SECTOR_6, FLASH_BANK_2, ERASE_SECTOR_PARAM);

}while(sl_ret!=B_TRUE);

osDelay(2000);

BPC_FLASH_FlashWrite_l(&infoBlock1,pccom_adr_flash, (U_INT8 *)pccom_adr_ram, laenge_long);

__enable_irq();

but i guess , since i copy 96 kb of data from RAM to flash during write leads to thread lock and then causes systick exception with hardfault handler

i dont have experience about your specific setup but isnt disable_irq() dissabling your RTOS scheduler?

and maybe breaking something else?

To add to what Javier already said... Why are you disabling interrupts at all? Why is there a delay function? Have you read the FLASH section in the reference manual and understand how it works?

Anand Ram
Associate III

hi, i have fixed this issue,

there is problem in flashing of 96 K in 5 millisecond task, and other tasks are halt and ended with trap.

I have implemented a semaphore concept to flash block by block and the task un-interruption is solved.