cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a newbie, so please be gentle to me :-) Installing TouchGFX at default location. But testing out just simulator doesn't bring up the simulator window. Why could that be? Cheers Bent

BJens.1
Associate III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Could you try to run the simulator from the TouchGFX environment ( follow this article ) ?

Could you also try to create another project with a Application template for any development board and a UI template/demo ?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

That is intriguing. Are there any error message ? Do you have spaces in the folder path (shouldn't if at default location since it would be /c/TouchGFX but could you verify ?) ? Are you using a private or company computer ? There could be conflicts with your firewalls.

/Romain

BJens.1
Associate III

I don't see any errors. I have installed it in the default location (wondering why it is not able to install in "Program Files" hence we are in 2021 I like to have my programs installed in programs location and not on the root). 🙂

I use a company computer, but I should have hole trough.

Here is the output:

Run Simulator
    Copy Framework
        Copying TouchGFX framework version 4.16.0 to C:\TouchGFXProjects\MyApplication_2\touchgfx
        Done
    Generate
        Wrote config/gcc/app.mk
        Wrote config/msvs/Application.props
        Wrote generated/gui_generated/include/gui_generated/common/FrontendApplicationBase.hpp
        Wrote generated/gui_generated/include/gui_generated/common/FrontendHeapBase.hpp
        Wrote generated/gui_generated/include/gui_generated/common/SimConstants.hpp
        Wrote generated/gui_generated/include/gui_generated/main_screen/MainViewBase.hpp
        Wrote generated/gui_generated/src/common/FrontendApplicationBase.cpp
        Wrote generated/gui_generated/src/main_screen/MainViewBase.cpp
        Wrote generated/simulator/gcc/Makefile
        Wrote generated/simulator/include/simulator/mainBase.hpp
        Wrote generated/simulator/msvs/touchgfx.props
        Wrote generated/simulator/msvs/touchgfx_prebuild.targets
        Wrote generated/simulator/msvs/touchgfx_sdl2.props
        Wrote generated/simulator/src/mainBase.cpp
        Wrote generated/simulator/touchgfx.ico
        Wrote generated/simulator/touchgfx.rc
        Wrote generated/simulator/touchgfx.res
        Wrote simulator/gcc/Makefile
        Wrote simulator/main.cpp
        Wrote simulator/msvs/Application.sln
        Wrote simulator/msvs/Application.vcxproj
        Wrote simulator/msvs/Application.vcxproj.filters
        Done
    Generate Assets
        make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile assets -j8
        Done
    Post Generate
        touchgfx update_project --project-file=simulator/msvs/Application.vcxproj
        Done
    Compile
        make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile -j8
        Done
    Run
        build\bin\simulator.exe
        Done
    Done

Noerrors, but still no window with graphics. Is it relying on java or something else, that it doesn't install by itself?

MM..1
Chief II

Exist exe file ?

Could you try to run the simulator from the TouchGFX environment ( follow this article ) ?

Could you also try to create another project with a Application template for any development board and a UI template/demo ?

It is run from TouchGFX environment. I have tried with a custom design and with a few UI templates and for the STM32H7B3I-DK board.

But the window I see in every demo video just doesn't show.

I think I'm doing exectly as I'm expected to do.

Just installed TouchGFX on my personal computer, works right out the box, no problems. But is also using much more time on building than on the stationary computer, on which I need it to work.

So maybe the compilation part doesn't work.

Use file explorer

locate files about build and try check logs

too you dont reply exist exe file?

Locate in explorer inside project folder build\bin\simulator.exe and run it directly.

Maybe you found errors.

I can't reply to your question, because it is on my work computer the problem exist, and I am home on weekend. I will find out tomorrow. 🙂

I just installed TouchGFX on my personal computer at home with no problem. Just wanted to orient on that.

BJens.1
Associate III

I can't find any simulator.exe file.

0693W000007EGiZQAW.jpg