cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOWNTIME: TouchGFX Package Server issue. Temporary Fix inside.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hello everyone,

UPDATE: The package server should now be back to normal. Let me know if you're having issues.

We are facing an issue related to the TouchGFX Package server. The URL currently in use by the designer is broken. The temprary fix is to make the following changes to the Designer exe.config to have access to all the packages.

There will be no images available (since they are retrieved from the broken URL).

e.g.

D:\TouchGFX\4.16.0\designer\TouchGFXDesigner-4.16.0.exe.config

<setting name="PackagesUrl" serializeAs="String"><value>http://sw-center-st-com.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/touchgfx/pacman/packages.json.zip</value></setting>

Sorry for the inconvenience! Working as hard as we can to get it back to normal.

/Martin

9 REPLIES 9
Richard Lowe
Senior III

Honestly, I don't think that is a good design pattern. Standalone application but to function it depends on cloud resources. I think you've discovered a design flaw.

Thanks for the temporary fix though.

SGROU.1
Associate III

It's still a shame on your part! As a user, I shouldn't have to put in place the patch to fix a bug in YOUR application!

Bug which by the way 6 days later is still not fixed!

And on top of that the communication concerning this bug is only done through a post on the forum ... super communication ...

Imagine people using this application for professional purposes, well I doubt there are many of them when you see that there are 404 errors in the documentation itself !

​Since you can write, i'm positive that you can also read =) It was already fixed. Same day i wrote the original post.

> UPDATE: The package server should now be back to normal.

Send me your phone number in a private message and i'll personally call you the next time i have an update about TouchGFX.

/Martin

>The package server should now be back to normal

"It should"

How do you explain that I had this problem today, problem supposedly fixed 6 days ago ????

Even when I reinstalled the application the problem persisted!

Apparently this problem is far from being solved !

> Since you can write, i'm positive that you can also read =)

> Send me your phone number in a private message and i'll personally call you the next time i have an update about TouchGFX.

You should review your communication with your customers! I take his two sentences as a huge disrespect !

​The server is working fine here and on other machines i've tried. Are you behind a proxy?

Best regards, Martin

LMART.2
Associate

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I'm having the same issue, I already have moded the config file as you recommended, but I'm still getting the same problem(no internet connection detected), this happens on V16, besides if I try with V17 then this manual patch doesn't apply since there's none 'TouchGFXDesigner-4.17.0.exe.config' file on the whole TouchGFXDesigner installation folder.

I'll post the TouchGFXV16 log file and some captures using both versions,

What I'm looking is how to fix this issue on the latest version V17 or V16, just let me know which one I could use to work without any problems at all.

Screenshot TouchGFX V16

https://i115.fastpic.ru/big/2021/0724/df/d70a25e2c9486dc6d978b403b9c7a2df.png

Screenshot TouchGFX V17

https://fastpic.ru/view/115/2021/0724/_650d93e17bf0f6c8cb17ae1c04588fea.png.html

Thanks Martin.

Regards.

Are you behind a proxy, by chance?

4.17.0 is the version that has the new security measurements to communicate with the server without any issues.

Hi,

Digging this up a bit sorry. Were you able to make it work in the end ? We have been made aware that some people were still not able to download projects with the "no internet" warning, so we are gathering info.

/Romain