cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the BLUENRG-MSCSP work when interfaced with Arduino?

ACarr.2
Associate

If so , does anybody have a reference for how this would work? I found this chip based on the description from the Tinyduino bluetooth module on their website: https://learn.tinycircuits.com/Communication/Bluetooth-Low-Energy_TinyShield_Tutorial/. I was just wondering what additional interfacing would require to get this connected to an Arduino or just an ATMega chip. I'm not great at making circuits so any advice or help would be fantastic! Or just references to resources too 🙂

1 REPLY 1
DEdwi.1
Associate II

Yes, the BLUENRG-MS can definitely be interfaced with the Arduino. The only thing that you need to be careful about is the voltage level of the Arduino UNO board is 5v while the BLUENRG-MS has a maximum operating supply voltage of 3.6V. The ATMega328P chip can be 1.8V-5.5V so that is easier. If you are not comfortable making circuits then it may be better to wire up the Arduino and a SPBTLE-RF using a breadbaord . You should be able to use the software libraries of the Tinyduino for the interfacing.

Look at the connections between the ATMega and the BLUERNG in the PCB design guidelines for the BLUENRG. Additionally remember to connect the BT_RESET line to the ATMega as well. There is no direct resource for this but all the pieces needed are available. Hope this helps and like the answer if it is helpful.