cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157A-DK1 update kernel

SAman.1
Associate III

I Installed the Development on my host machine and builded a Kernel with this tutorial:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/meta-st-stm32mp/blob/dunfell/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-stm32mp/README.HOW_TO.txt

but afther the reboot my scren keeps beeing black.

I updated the kernel because the development tool has a newer kernel and i wanted to make a kernel module so i wanted to update.

5 REPLIES 5
KnarfB
Principal III

I might help if you add debug UART logging output.

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SAman.1​ 

Please precise version of Kernel, tf-a, U-boot you are using.

Pay attention that you might use a consistent OSTL version ( eg V1.2 or V2.0 or V2.1 )

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Community member​ My old Kernel was on version 4.19.9 and i wanted to update to 5.4.56. On my board i only installed the started package so my YOCTO was running. beside that i have no changes on my system.

Hi @SAman.1​ 

You can't update only kernel to 5.4.56. You need to take also TF-A / Uboot version from V2.1.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Community member​ 

Thanks for all your help!!