cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157F GRUB boot command line

pme991
Associate II

I would like to only use cgroup v2 and would like to modify the kernel cmdline boot arguments as follows:, .  I searched internet and suggestion is to useadd systemd. unified_cgroup_hierarchy=1 under /etc/default/grub , followed by sudo update-grub .

My current command line is:

cat /proc/cmdline
root=PARTUUID=e91c4e10-16e6-4c0e-bd0e-77becf4a3582 rootwait rw console=ttySTM0,115200

root@stm32mp1:/dev# stat -fc %T /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs

**cgroup v1 and cgroup v2 enabled.

I added to new file /etc/default/grouproot@stm32mp1:/dev# cat /etc/default/grub
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="$GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=1"

I tried update-grub and grub2-mkconfig, but both commands did not execute

root@stm32mp1:/dev# update-grub
-bash: update-grub: command not found
root@stm32mp1:/dev# grub2-mkconfig
-bash: grub2-mkconfig: command not found
root@stm32mp1:/dev# echo $PATH 

How do I update GRUB on STM32MP157F-EV1 system?

1 REPLY 1
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @pme991 ,
If your final goal is to modify the kernel boot command line, you can modify the file corresponding to your board similar to /boot/mmc0_extlinux/extlinux.conf 

Inside you will find the APPEND line on which you can add some option for the boot cmd.

Example :

# Generic Distro Configuration file generated by OpenEmbedded
MENU BACKGROUND /splash_landscape.bmp
TIMEOUT 20
LABEL OpenSTLinux
	KERNEL /Image.gz
	FDTDIR /
	INITRD /st-image-resize-initrd
	APPEND root=PARTUUID=e91c4e10-16e6-4c0e-bd0e-77becf4a3582 rootwait rw   earlyprintk earlycon console=${console},${baudrate}

You can modify APPEND line here. Check that the boot cmd line is well updated to be sure to modify the good file.

If adding some options is not enough and you want to completely overwrite the default command line, you can modify U-boot sources to define your own one. ( https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/U-Boot_overview#bootcmd)

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.