cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raw data from lsm6dsox

JPARK.2
Associate II

Hello,

In my test board, data from accelerometer and magnetometer are stable.

But gyro data has many spikes even though it is put in desk and not moving.

0693W000005CYLqQAO.pngDo you have any idea for what cause this and how to fix it?

lsm6dsox and lis3mdl are used for test.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

glad that you solved your issue!

>> I guess that Power down and ODR OFF might be same. Is there a difference?

Yes, you are right. ODR = 000bin and Power down are the same condition.

For completeness, the gyroscope is capable of a mode intermediate between the low power and the power down, i.e. the Sleep mode. As explained in the app note AN5272, p.18 : "While the gyroscope is in Sleep mode the circuitry that drives the oscillation of the gyroscope mass is kept active. Compared to gyroscope Power-Down, turn-on time from Sleep mode to Low-Power/Normal/High-Performance mode is drastically reduced. If the gyroscope is not configured in Power-Down mode, it enters in Sleep mode when the Sleep mode enable (SLEEP_G) bit of CTRL4_C register is set to 1, regardless of the selected gyroscope ODR".

-Eleon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

which is, first, the unit of measure of the Gyroscope (on the graph y axis)? And which is the Gyro configuration (Mode, ODR, FS...)

If the it were milli-dps, it's a good result, since the sensitivity is 4.375 mdsp/LSB for FS = 250dps, from the datasheet, p9.

If it were dps, these could be a little high values considering that the typ ZRL is ±1dps. Are you sure you are not picking the table on which your device is, for any reason? The gyroscope is very sensible to little shocks, that may not be perceived by the human being.

-Eleon

JPARK.2
Associate II

Hi,

Gyroscope Y axis means mdps.

Gyro is configured like below 

• LSM6DSOX_GY_ODR_1667Hz
  • LSM6DSOX_2000dps

Time to time, Spikes get bigger(more than +-100mdps).

In my SW, sleep mode is configured too.

After replacing one function, problem is fixed.

• Origin: during initialize, set act mode to LSM6DSOX_XL_12Hz5_GY_PD
  • New: before entering sleep mode, update ODR to LSM6DSOX_XL_ODR_12Hz5 and LSM6DSOX_GY_ODR_OFF

I guess that Power down and ODR OFF might be same. Is there a difference?

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

glad that you solved your issue!

>> I guess that Power down and ODR OFF might be same. Is there a difference?

Yes, you are right. ODR = 000bin and Power down are the same condition.

For completeness, the gyroscope is capable of a mode intermediate between the low power and the power down, i.e. the Sleep mode. As explained in the app note AN5272, p.18 : "While the gyroscope is in Sleep mode the circuitry that drives the oscillation of the gyroscope mass is kept active. Compared to gyroscope Power-Down, turn-on time from Sleep mode to Low-Power/Normal/High-Performance mode is drastically reduced. If the gyroscope is not configured in Power-Down mode, it enters in Sleep mode when the Sleep mode enable (SLEEP_G) bit of CTRL4_C register is set to 1, regardless of the selected gyroscope ODR".

-Eleon