cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L073 LCD Controller

RSoen.1
Associate II

I am trying to setup this LCD controller to drive a custom segment display, 22 segments, two backplanes.

I have the code running, I can see the COM signals and can drive segments.

I don't understand how the HAL LCD library works.

from the HAL manual:

HAL_LCD_Write

Function Name Function Description

void HAL_LCD_MspDeInit (LCD_HandleTypeDef * hlcd)

DeInitialize the LCD MSP.

• hlcd: LCD handle • None:

void HAL_LCD_MspInit (LCD_HandleTypeDef * hlcd)

Initialize the LCD MSP.

• hlcd: LCD handle • None:

HAL_StatusTypeDef HAL_LCD_Write (LCD_HandleTypeDef * hlcd, uint32_t RAMRegisterIndex, uint32_t RAMRegisterMask, uint32_t Data)

Write a word in the specific LCD RAM.

DOCID027704 Rev 4 439/1817

440/1817

• When the display is disabled, the update is performed for all LCD_DISPLAY locations. When the display is enabled, the update is performed only for locations for which commons are active (depending on DUTY). For example if DUTY = 1/2, only the LCD_DISPLAY of COM0 and COM1 will be updated.

DOCID027704 Rev 4

Parameters

UM1884

• hlcd: LCD handle

• RAMRegisterIndex: specifies the LCD RAM Register. This

parameter can be one of the following values: LCD_RAM_REGISTER0: LCD RAM Register 0LCD_RAM_REGISTER1: LCD RAM Register 1LCD_RAM_REGISTER2: LCD RAM Register 2LCD_RAM_REGISTER3: LCD RAM Register 3LCD_RAM_REGISTER4: LCD RAM Register 4LCD_RAM_REGISTER5: LCD RAM Register 5LCD_RAM_REGISTER6: LCD RAM Register 6LCD_RAM_REGISTER7: LCD RAM Register 7LCD_RAM_REGISTER8: LCD RAM Register 8LCD_RAM_REGISTER9: LCD RAM Register 9LCD_RAM_REGISTER10: LCD RAM Register 10LCD_RAM_REGISTER11: LCD RAM Register 11LCD_RAM_REGISTER12: LCD RAM Register 12LCD_RAM_REGISTER13: LCD RAM Register 13LCD_RAM_REGISTER14: LCD RAM Register 14LCD_RAM_REGISTER15: LCD RAM Register 15

• RAMRegisterMask: specifies the LCD RAM Register Data Mask.

• Data: specifies LCD Data Value to be written.

Should I be writing to the RAM registers 0 and 2, for 22 segments on two coms? What is the Mask parameter for? Is it correct to assume that RAM register 0 would be for COM1 and RAM register 2 would be for COM2?

Thanks for the help

Rich

0 REPLIES 0