cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo U575ZI-Q DCMI

ElectroManiac
Associate II

Hello forum, 
I'm starting to develop a smart robotic system, I wanted to base the movement part on an STM32 micro-controller,

We thought about basing our SLAM on a camera and a simple distance sensor (and an IMU of course) for the initial mapping. the STM32U575ZI was supposed to support the DCMI interface and therefore is capable of handling such a task. but I just discovered that the Nucleo counterpart of the MCU isn't blocking the DCMI function. is there anything else I can do as a roundabout for this problem? maybe a different Nucleo that is more suited for such a task?

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @ElectroManiac and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I'm not able to understand your request. If you are looking for the DCMI on the NUCLEO-U575ZI-Q, it should be supported since it is using the STM32U575ZIT6Q that support the camera interface.take a look at the datasheet of the MCU for details about the pinout and the interface. But if you are looking for an evaluation tool, I suggest you to take a look on our Disco or eval boards using the STM32U5. They should do perfectly the job.

If you are looking for other thing, we will be happy to help you if you give detail about your needs.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

thanks for the reply! 

I'm sharing the MX configuration screen for the U575's Nucleo

ElectroManiac_1-1715503667119.png

Hello @ElectroManiac 

Just put the Cursor on the DCMI Mode that you want to use. Then, a pop-up will appear. This pop-up will show you how the pins that are posing the problem. Just disable the function of each Pins of those and the DCMI will be available for use:

STTwo32_0-1715601118046.png

PS: Make sure to use the Last Version of STM32CubeMX (V6.11.1). 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.