cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include TPM2 package when making "Eco system V2.1.0" distribution?

Machilus
Associate III

Hi ST

I enabled DISTRO_FEATURES_append = "tpm2" in the file ".../layers/meta-st/meta-st-openstlinux/conf/distro/include/openstlinux.inc" as described in the ST Wiki.

When building with "st-image-weston" I get the following error message:

ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'packagegroup-security-tpm2' (but /home/stm32mp1/Work/Ecosystem-V2.1.0/201119_DVT/layers/meta-st/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-st/images/st-image-weston.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)

NOTE: Runtime target 'packagegroup-security-tpm2' is unbuildable, removing...

Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['packagegroup-security-tpm2']

ERROR: Required build target 'st-image-weston' has no buildable providers.

Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['st-image-weston', 'packagegroup-security-tpm2']

"... / layers / meta-st / meta-st-openstlinux / recipes-st / images / st-image-weston.bb" of the contents of the file "$ {@ bb.utils.contains ('COMBINED_FEATURES', ' tpm2','packagegroup-security-tpm2','', d)} \"There seems to be a package dependency error.

Is there a workaround?

If you build without DISTRO_FEATURES_append = "tpm2" enabled, you cannot use commands like "tpm2_createprimary".

I would appreciate if you can tell me how to fix it.

Thanks and regards

Machilus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArmandG
ST Employee

Hi @Machilus​ ,

You probably did not add the tpm2 recipes to your distribution. Only enabling it is not enough.

To add it, please enter the following commands:

PC $>cd [your STM32MP1 Distribution path]/layers/meta-st

PC $>git clone https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/meta-st-stm32mpu-app-aws.git

And then bitbake again the image.

Armand

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ArmandG
ST Employee

Hi @Machilus​ ,

You probably did not add the tpm2 recipes to your distribution. Only enabling it is not enough.

To add it, please enter the following commands:

PC $>cd [your STM32MP1 Distribution path]/layers/meta-st

PC $>git clone https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/meta-st-stm32mpu-app-aws.git

And then bitbake again the image.

Armand

Hi ArmandG (ST Employee)

Thank you for answer

I solved the problem in a different way.

I applied the "meta-security" layer for dunfell from the yocto git site.

Actually, even if I built with bitbake, downloaded it to the custom board, and used the tpm2 related utility, no error occurred.

Is there any problem with this use?

Machilus

KMark.1
Associate II

@Machilus​  I tried both the solutions but I am still getting the error mentioned by you. Can you please tell me what steps you did.