cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any option in CubeMX that allows for changing the stack size of the "Ethif" task ( INTERFACE_THREAD_STACK_SIZE)?

KSulli
Associate II

Hello, The stack size is defined by a macro definition, INTERFACE_THREAD_STACK_SIZE inside the "ethernetif.c" file located under: LWIP/Target.

I had to manually increase the size due to stack overflow and any new code generation via CubeMX overwrites those changes. Since code generation always defaults the size of INTERFACE_THREAD_STACK_SIZE to 350, I would hope that there would be a way to adjust it via CubeMX?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi KSulli,

Backing to this problem, and since INTERFACE_THREAD_STACK_SIZE value is handled in the "ethernetif.c" file, STM32CubeMX later version doesn't overwrite the manual changes made by the user.

The .ioc file you have attached is created with an old 5.4.0 CubeMX version and that's why overwriting problem occurs . Please try newer version, that may be a workaround for your problem.

You will find linked STM32CubeMX version 6.0.1: https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubemx.html

Regards,

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello KSulli,

Could you please attach your .ioc file or precise which MCU are you using ?

Thanks in advance,

Reagards,

Khouloud.

Hello Khouloud,

Please see the attached copy of my .ioc file for the STM32F765IIKx MCU.

Thanks very much for looking into it for me.

Best regards,

Kevin

Hello @Khouloud OTHMAN​,

Just wanted to check back with you and ask if there was any answer regarding setting up Ethif stack size via CubeMX?

Many thanks

Hi KSulli,

Sorry for the delay.The request you have raised will be internally checked and treated accordingly to the priority. We will give you an update as soon as possible.

Thanks for your contribution and patience.

Regards,

Khouloud.

Hi KSulli,

Backing to this problem, and since INTERFACE_THREAD_STACK_SIZE value is handled in the "ethernetif.c" file, STM32CubeMX later version doesn't overwrite the manual changes made by the user.

The .ioc file you have attached is created with an old 5.4.0 CubeMX version and that's why overwriting problem occurs . Please try newer version, that may be a workaround for your problem.

You will find linked STM32CubeMX version 6.0.1: https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubemx.html

Regards,

Khouloud.

Hi Khouloud,

Many thanks for getting back to me with a potential workaround for this. I will give the newer version a try.

All the best,

Kevin

Hello KSulli,

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to know we are able to resolve the issue in a way that is satisfactory.

You're welcome anytime.

Regards,

Khouloud.