cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Debugging Issue with STM32CubeIDE on Cortex-M4 (NUCLEO-L4R5ZI)

kindongsy
Associate

Hello everyone,

I am a student currently working on a project using STM32CubeIDE to develop on the Cortex-M4. I've been encountering a recurring issue during development, and I’m hoping to get some advice.

Every time I compile my project, I frequently encounter the error shown in the first image below. To proceed, I have to unplug the cable completely and then plug it back in for every compilation. This repetitive process is becoming quite cumbersome and is significantly hindering my development workflow.

Debug_error.png

Debug_config.png

IDE_info.png

I have tried several solutions I found online, such as changing the Reset behavior and switching debuggers, but the issue persists.

To help diagnose the problem, I’ve attached debugger information and IDE details. For reference, I’m using the NUCLEO-L4R5ZI board.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as even the smallest tip could be a big help.

Thank you in advance!

kindongsy

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @kindongsy and welcome to the ST Community .

Could you try to change the reset behavior type from connect under reset to None.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately, the error still persists.

Any further advice would be appreciated.

Best regards,
kindongsy