cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ctrl+Space does not show documentation

daviddavid9
Associate II

How can I get STM32CubeIDE to show proposed function documentatioin when I press Ctrl+Space? For example, if I type "HAL_UART" and press Ctrl+Space, it shows many proposed functions. How to I get it to show the documentation from these functions. That is, the comments in the *.c and *.h source files for the proposed functions. Other C/C++ IDEs show it, but I can not get STM32CubeIDE to show it.

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Hovering over the function name will show the comments.

F3 will jump to the definition.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
daviddavid9
Associate II

Hi, thanks for quick reply. Hovering or F3 only works once I have selected a function from the popup window with proposed functions. What other IDEs do, is they will show the function documentation in the small popup window so as I navigate with up/down arrow key to the suggested functions, I see documentation for each. This makes it much easier, seeing that most of the time I do not know what exactly the suggested functions do. For example, if a delay function is msec or usec.

TDK
Guru

You're going to have to accept subtle differences between workchains. I don't buy the argument that all other IDEs behave one way and STM32CubeIDE behaves another. What other IDEs are you referring to?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".