cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensortile.box seems to be stuck

MGran.2
Associate

Hello,

I​ got today a ST.box, and I was starting to play around trying different demos through the basic mode.

I had initially a long firmware update.

Then at the third demo I tried to upload the Blue led got stuck, and the​ ST.box is no more responding. I tried to unplug the USB and the battery as well, but now the box just blink twice the Blue and Green led and stop.

What can I do?

Thank you for help!

Matteo​

7 REPLIES 7
MGran.2
Associate

I am trying to connect via USB through the STM32 Cube Programmer (following this instructions: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BmnRFESQ2/sensortilebox-does-not-work-sometimes but the device is not detected so I cannot go on..). Any advice?

niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @MGran.2​ ,

can I ask you to read the debug log that should be available via VCOM (I read it with Termite), to understand where is the problem?

You should connect both stlink and usb to the sensortile.box, remove the battery, and, with termite open remove and reattach the usb.

Maybe checking that we can get to the problem.

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @MGran.2​ , do you have any feedback on @niccolo.ruffini​ suggestion?

-Eleon

MGRAN.1
Associate

Hi @[Eleon BORLINI]​ and @[niccolo.ruffini]​ , sorry for the delay in my answer.

Unfortunately I do not have an STLink programmer, I am just an occasional maker.

Anyway following some instructions found in this forum using DFUse ​I was able to connect the Sensortile box via Bluetooth to my smartphone. Unluckily after I played a bit with the Sensor Fusion app, I came into the same problem again (and now I cannot see the box from BLE). I still have to try to recover using DFUse again. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks for your replies!​

Matteo​

Hi Matteo,

which .bin file version did you use? The one attached here?

-Eleon

MGRAN.1
Associate

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ I followed the instruction you provided in first answer, found at this link:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BYnQt6/sensortilebox-not-connecting

So I flashed the BLESensor binary.

Thank you,

Matteo

Hi @MGRAN.1​ ,

if you are still encountering issue with the 341 fw version and the BLESensor example, can you please check if things go better uploading the attached fw on your st.box?

tks

-Eleon