cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a simple example code to read a Tag NFC with st25R3911?

MChiu.2
Associate

Hi all, I'm trying to write a simple code to read a Tag NFC type 2. I have a EVK NUCLEO stm32F446 and X-nucleo-NFC06A1, I want connet they with I2C. and write a simple code to wake up st25 when I send a high signal and read eeprom of tag and show this information via UART.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

X-CUBE-NFC5 (ST25R3911B) package and X-CUBE-NFC6 (ST25R3916) package provide code and example for tag detection, NDEF read/write/etc. The demos display information on a serial console. For T2T, rfal_t2t.c provides the API for reading/writing blocks.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

X-CUBE-NFC5 (ST25R3911B) package and X-CUBE-NFC6 (ST25R3916) package provide code and example for tag detection, NDEF read/write/etc. The demos display information on a serial console. For T2T, rfal_t2t.c provides the API for reading/writing blocks.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ben_hw_sw
Associate II

Just a note about X-CUBE-NFC6 (ST25R3916) actual version is v1.0.0 (and is quite old) which use a an old RFAL V2.0.10 / 25-Jun-2019

Could you check to update it to use latest RFAL V2.2.0 / 22-May-2020 which is available here

https://my.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/embedded-software/st25-nfc-rfid-software/stsw-st25rfal002.html#get-software ?

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

X-CUBE-NFC6 (ST25R3916) v1.0.0  already includes the various demos and the support for T2T read/write. So it can be used as is for your prototyping. For a final product, it is recommended to update to the latest RFAL. RFAL deliveries are more frequent than  X-CUBE-NFC6 deliveries. I will check for the next update

Rgds

BT

Anej Knez
Associate II

Hi guys,

I'm new to this. I'm using Nucleo L476RG in combination with NFC 4 Click. I downloaded the X-CUBE-NFC6 but when i go to read an NFC Tag nothing happens. NFC 4 Click device has ben succesfully initialized What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I would suggest that you create a dedicated post for your issue as you have a different HW environment (NFC 4 Click which is different from ST X-NUCLEO-NFC06).

Thanks

Rgds

BT