cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSL is used on mtk8735 platform (Android) which Accel XYZ data fulll-scale is wrong throuh low-pass filter.

LWoo.1
Associate

HI, We used lsm6dsl sensor on mtk8735 platform (Android). We found that the low-pass filter is used in the high-frequency working mode which freq is greater than 26hz. the XYZ direction data range which obtained is not within +-4G, but 0x10h register value is 0x48 which ODR is LSM6DSL_REG_CTRL1_XL_ODR_104HZ and full-scale with +-4G.

We kept turning the device and print the original value of accelerometer XYZ. We saw that the data is ranged in + - 1g which is abnormal as normal.

we found tha sensor data is right only the ODR bellow LSM6DSL_REG_CTRL1_XL_ODR_26HZ without low-pass filter.Please give us a reasonable explanation and look forward to your reply. thanks

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @LWoo.1​ , I'm not sure to be centered the problem, but let me check if I understood some points. You are saying that you configure the LSM6DSL Full Scale at +-4g and you apply a low pass filter, but you are able only to see data within +-1g range, right? I have some questions: the first one, are you stimulating the device with signals higher than 1g? Second, are you applying a stimulus at a frequency higher than the stimulus you want to read (I understood ODR is 104Hz but not understood the filter settings); and last, if the answer to second question is not, are you seeing a clamped signal? Regards