cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 - P-NUCLEO-WB55 - Advertising works but I can't connect when building application using code generated by CubeMX

AJens.1
Associate II

I've been trying to get this to work for weeks now.

The board is functioning fine when I try the examples e.g. BLE-HID, but when I build a new application based on the code generated from CubeMX I can't connect to the board over BLE.

The advertising is semi-working, as I can see the board, but I can't see the services nor do a pairing with the device.

I have added the IPCC and RTC interrupt handlers, but the problem seems to be with initialization.

The HW_IPCC_Rx_Handler is being tripped constantly. When compairing to the functionality of the BLE-HID example, once the initial setup is done, this handler is only tripped once an acutal connection is attempted.

To me this indicates that these events are not being handled correctly, but I'm not able to determine what I am missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
AJens.1
Associate II

I fixed the constant interrupts by disabling

#define RADIO_ACTIVITY_EVENT 0 /* 1 for OOB Demo */

in app_conf.h

But I'm still not able to pair or even connect to the device.

Hey @AJens.1​ ,

Any update on this? I have the same problem: advertising works, but I can't connect.

Regards

Yes!

It turns out the key to this problem was making sure that the clock was setup as so:

RTC/LCD source Mus = LSE

System Clock Mux = HSE_SYS

RFWKP Clock Mux = LSE

Hope it helps.

I found the solution by following the WB55 hands-on workshop:

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/about/events/events.html/stm32wb-hands-on-workshop-2018.html

Hey @AJens.1​ ,

Unfortunately, I don't have LSE oscillator on my custom board. I have to use LSI for RTC and RFWKP. I already use my 32MHz HSE_SYS, as you mentionned.

I also saw this post:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000C3BaK3SQK/migration-from-nucleo-to-my-own-board-doesnt-work

But the solution shown here is not working for me. I'll look into the workshop.

If you have any idea, I'd gladly take it.

Thanks anyway!

Regards