cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Makefile:44 Error 1

jefazo92
Associate III

Hi everyone,

I have just created a project. I haven't done any modifications and I am getting this error when building the project:

make: *** [makefile:44: nucleo-g474re-blinky.elf] Error 1
"make -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

19:26:10 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 1s.74ms)

Could someone help me out ? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KnarfB
Principal III

The root cause error is "STM32G474RETX_FLASH.ld: No such file or directory"

Does this file exist? It should have been generated with the project.

My guess: its a problem with your project path "C:\Users\Gonzalo Andaluc??a\..."

Eclipse is notorious for having issues with non-ASCII letters, space, .... Try a simple path like C:\test1

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KnarfB
Principal III

44 only means line 44 in makefile. There should be more output in the console log indicating errors/warnings...

jefazo92
Associate III
20:30:54 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project AkunaMatata ****
make -j8 all 
arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Core/Src/main.c" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32G474xx -DDEBUG -c -I../Drivers/STM32G4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32G4xx/Include -I../Core/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32G4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"Core/Src/main.d" -MT"Core/Src/main.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Core/Src/main.o"
arm-none-eabi-gcc -o "AkunaMatata.elf" @"objects.list"   -mcpu=cortex-m4 -T"C:\Users\Gonzalo Andalucía\STM32CubeIDE\workspace_1.3.0\AkunaMatata\STM32G474RETX_FLASH.ld" --specs=nosys.specs -Wl,-Map="AkunaMatata.map" -Wl,--gc-sections -static --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -Wl,--start-group -lc -lm -Wl,--end-group
c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.3.0\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.7-2018-q2-update.win32_1.0.0.201904181610\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: cannot open linker script file C:\Users\Gonzalo Andaluc??a\STM32CubeIDE\workspace_1.3.0\AkunaMatata\STM32G474RETX_FLASH.ld: No such file or directory
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:44: AkunaMatata.elf] Error 1
"make -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

20:30:55 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 1s.418ms)

Thanks for replying @KnarfB​ . This is all I'm getting.

jefazo92
Associate III

0693W000000TwIuQAK.png

KnarfB
Principal III

The root cause error is "STM32G474RETX_FLASH.ld: No such file or directory"

Does this file exist? It should have been generated with the project.

My guess: its a problem with your project path "C:\Users\Gonzalo Andaluc??a\..."

Eclipse is notorious for having issues with non-ASCII letters, space, .... Try a simple path like C:\test1

jefazo92
Associate III

How can I do this @KnarfB​  ? Do I just create another folder in C:\Users ? And paste the CubeIDE folder into it ?

jefazo92
Associate III

Ok. I did it that way but did not solve anything. I will try to uninstall it and instal it again but now I'll instal the program in the new folder with ASCCII characters.

@KnarfB​  THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY LIFE. YOU ARE MY HERO.You were right, the accent was causing all the trouble so I had to rename my user folder. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and now I have finally been able to upload my first program into my MCU.

SMath.2
Associate

The issue got resolved when I renamed my project without any numerical. eg John1 to john. the path is still the same. I understand this is illogical fix, but worked for me, would be nice if someone got a valid explanation for this!! thanks

BRoel.1
Associate

For me the same error was caused by a seemingly unrelated 'unknown type' error that showed after the makefile error 1 in the problems window.

Checking the console window would've helped: it showed the actual cause first.