cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant generate code, because CubeIDE didn't find firmware in /STM32Cube/Repository/ which was automatically downloaded installed

KOlsz.1
Associate II

Fresh installation, when I try to create a STM32 project a zip file with firmware is downloaded and unpacked, but I still get this error message:

"Code generation could not be done because necessary firmware package is missing. Not able to complete STM32Cube project."

I tried to download and unzip these files manually with no luck.

I have this issue on my both PCs with windows 10. Also the same thing happens regardless if I try to create a project for my Nucleo F030R8 or Nucleo L053R8.

0690X00000DBD3lQAH.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KOlsz.1
Associate II

I've just solved it. This error was caused by a special character in my windows username. Initially, the path was: C:/Users/K&K/Stm32Cube/Resources. I changed the directory for my workspace and Resources to C:/STM32Cube and the project was generated with no issues, but debugger couldn't start because other necessary files were still within C:/Users/K&K folder. Changing the username so it doesn't contain "&" solved this problem completely.

What's interesting, CubeIDE has no problems with writing or downloading into directories containing special characters, it just can't read files from them. Debugger's console saw only "C:/Users/K"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Are you using the latest CubeIDE ? if not, try to update it.

-- pa

KOlsz.1
Associate II

I've just solved it. This error was caused by a special character in my windows username. Initially, the path was: C:/Users/K&K/Stm32Cube/Resources. I changed the directory for my workspace and Resources to C:/STM32Cube and the project was generated with no issues, but debugger couldn't start because other necessary files were still within C:/Users/K&K folder. Changing the username so it doesn't contain "&" solved this problem completely.

What's interesting, CubeIDE has no problems with writing or downloading into directories containing special characters, it just can't read files from them. Debugger's console saw only "C:/Users/K"

sezgin135
Associate II

Same error here. My reason was special characters in path aswell.