cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to evaluate the MKI184V1 using the STEVAL-MKI09V3 and Unico v. 9.3.0.0 but just got an error dialog saying "ERROR: The adapter board has not been recognized..." The MKI09V3 is flashed with the latest firmware. Any ideas on what may be wrong?

Attaching a screenshot over how it looks.

Windows 10 version 1909

Kind regards,

Johan Dahlgren

9 REPLIES 9
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Johan (OilQuick AB)​ , did you check the correct adapter orientation when you plugged on the STEVAL-MKI09V3? Do you have the possibility to test another adapter board? Regards

Yes, the printed text is the same as on the board.

Attaching another image, there is 3 leds to, if it gives any clues.

And I don´t have any other adapters to test.

OCulh.1
Associate

I have the same problem. Is there any solution for this?

GTheo.1
Associate II

Same issue but with the MKI109V3 evaluation board with an MKI186V1 (IIS3DHHC)

Firmware updated, still no go.

Is there a fix yet?

Hi, I'm afraid the ISM303DAC device (STEVAL-MKI184V1) could not be supported on Unico, as reported in the supported device list on st.com Unico homepage, but there should be no issue for IIS3DHHC product, which should be supported. Let me internally check and come back to you. Regards

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @GTheo.1​ , did you downloaded the last Unico version (v9.7) available online at this link? If not yet, please check now if it is working. Regards

0693W000000UeBxQAK.pngHi Eleon,

Yes - I have v9.7.1.0 Unico installed with board firmware version upgraded to v3.6.26 via the STM32CubeProgrammer software.

Windows 10 pro 64 bit OS

0693W000000UeFkQAK.jpg

Regards,

Hi @GTheo.1​ , the adapter looks correctly mounted and the ProfiMEMS jumpers are OK... Can you please try with another ProfiMEMS, if you have one in addition, or another adapter? In case of issues, can you try the connection on another PC? Regards

GTheo.1
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

Tried on a Linux machine, same issue.

Purchased another MKI186V1 eval board, same issue.

Turns out nearly 1/2 the connections on the MKI109V3 PCB header were not soldered - pic below. Posted the solution here in case others have similar issues:

0693W000000V1DwQAK.jpg