cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SpinFamily Toll Evaluation fails to connect Nucleo-L053R8 with X-NUCLEO-IHM06A1 Board, so tell me any solution please.

Rshar.11
Associate II

Hello sir,

I am trying to connect the SPINFamily Evaluation Tool with Nucleo-F401RE as well as Nucleo-L053R8 with X-NUCLEO-IHM06A1 Board, its return Communication board initialization failed' error message while connecting SPINFamily Evaluation Tool software to hardware board.

I update USB driver many times and also follow videos sample and search solution in google but I am still not get success to connect software and board.

Motor is running by putting hex/bin file as shown in sample video by stm by I need to control motor by  SPINFamily Evaluation Tool software.

Please give me instruction to solve my problem.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

​Hello,

please follows step-by-step the quick start guide shown in the SPINFamily Evaluation Tool user manual.

You can find it at the following link: UM2022 (refer to section 2.3 at page 7).

Regards, Cristiana

Hello,
Thank you for helping to solve previous issues .
I am using X-NUCLEO-IHM06A1 Board with Nucleo-F401RE to control the acceleration, set target speed, home position and target position of stepper motor in my program code. I already referred user manual as well as datasheet (attached with mail) which is available but i am not getting any information for coding.
please send me with all information as well as sample code through stm-cube max if possible.
Thank you
Ravi Kumar
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

​Hello,

several there are options:

1. if you want to program through the SPINFamily Evaluation Tool you can use the "Scripts editor": the script language is a tailor made Python extension for the SPINFamily (refer to UM2022 from page 62 and in details the Appendix D at page 87)
  2. at this link X-CUBE-SPN6 you can find and download the STM32 C library for X-NUCLEO-IHM06A1 expansion boards.

Regards, Cristiana