cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#include apparently not working; file format not recognized; a lot of confusion

ColaChugger
Associate II

I used cubeMX to generate code for the USB init. Somehow some #include calls are not working. They can't find the file. But if I ctrl+click I get directed to the correct file. I tried refreshing, rebuilding the index, open as admin and specificly adding the files as an include option in the preferences. Nothing worked. Then all of a sudden all hal-driver files produced errors. At some point it resolved itself(?) and then "core_cm7.h" gave me an error message because of a #error. And now I get this message:

0690X00000ArhCQQAZ.png

file format not recognized. What is happening?

I work on CubeIDE 1.1.0 and STM32h743.

5 REPLIES 5
Ozone
Lead

When posting build errors, better include ALL output.

There is not much visible from the small screenshot you posted.

I hope you don't try to include object files (*.o) within C code.

The error isn't complaining about an #include file.

Don't screen-shot errors when you can cut-n-paste, or access the log output directly. Edit/redact as required.

Look at the object files enumerated in the objects.list file, and perhaps go and inspect the Core/Src/adc.o file and confirm it is a valid file, is of non-zero size, and has an ELF header. Use a File Manager to inspect the file, or dump it to the console.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

the objects.list seems like the root of the cause. Can I force Cube to remake that file or do I have to edit it manually?

Not using CubeMX or CubeIDE here.

adc.o is not an unreasonable name for an object for the linker to be pulling, why the object is missing/broken is another issue. Not sure if the makefile or the tool generates the object list, or if that is a one time thing, or dynamic. These things might become more apparent with some digging..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

ok. I managed to solve my problem by opening the .project file with notepad++ and manually including the files that he couldn't find.

Edit: I should mention that I transferred the code into a new project. I think the old one is bricked.