cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEMS microphone for machine noise monitoring application to 0..10V interface

MHoek.274
Associate

I want to implement a MEMS microphone for a machine noise monitoring application. As first I want to do some tests. My idea is to solder wires to, for example, the 'Microphone coupon board based on the MP23ABS1 analog MEMS'. Then I want to hook it up to a datalogger device which has 0..10V analog inputs.

My question is: is it possible to connect such an analog MEMS-microphone which has a 3.3V analog output, to a 0..10V input on my datalogger?

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @MHoek.274​ , should be ok. MEMS analog single ended MP23ABS1 gives 1.65V average DC output if fed with 3.3V supply (Vdd/2). Considering that the MP23ABS1 has an AOP (maximum readable signal without distortion) of 130dBSPL, this means that you'll have about +-0.5V AC swing superimposed on the DC level in the maximum-signal case. The overall signal range is this way going from 1V to 4V, able to be acquired by an acquisition board where analog input range is 0...10V. Also the overall SNR should be good (the ideal case for resolution could be an input range of 0...5V). Regards