cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SensorTile

SAbba.1
Associate III

At the moment I am making an application for 3D sound detection, in which I am making use of the STEVAL-STWINKT1B and the STEVAL-STWINMAV1 microphone array (which I haven't used yet). I am just starting, and I can not understand the operation of the SensorTile, previously I was using the SensorTile.box and it was easier to handle APP ST BLE SENSOR, in which I could easily extract the data, however, in the SensorTile it is getting complicated, I guess it is because of the FW used that I can not see the APP as in "cap2" and rather I see it as in "cap1".

Finally, speaking of the microphone array, I would like to ask how to connect it to the device? physically I have already connected it (in the CN4) but I understand that this is not enough to make use of it (besides I am not very clear how to receive the data that it gives me).

Sorry for so many doubts.

7 REPLIES 7
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @SAbba.1 ,

it seems that on the board you have the FP-SNS-DATALOG1 firmware, that is able to record data on the sdcard of the STWIN. 
Try to program it with the X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 firmware instead, so that you can be able to look into the data you need =)
you can find all the info in the examples and in the documentation inside that packet

If this answers your question, please, mark this as "best answer", by clicking on the "accept as solution" to help the other users of the community

Niccolò

From what he told me I used the "AMicArray_Microphones_Streaming" folder located under the applications folder "STM32CubeExpansion_MEMSMIC1_V5.7.0" that he recommended me to use, for which through the STProgrammer I flashed the FW "AMicArray_4ch_96KHz" located in "STM32CubeExpansion_MEMSMIC1_V5.7. 0\Projects\STM32L4R9ZI-STWIN\Demonstration\AMicArray_Microphones_Streaming\Binary", then I have connected STWIN with STLINK-V3MINI both to the PC, and I have managed to open the file "AMicArray_Microphones_Streaming" in the STCube, my problem now is that I have to run the example to see its working, but my problem is that I don't know how to do this, sorry for the inconvenience, thank you very much.

Hi @SAbba.1 ,

first of all, if you managed to flash the binary on the board, it is not needed to also run the program in the STCube
you can see on the readme file in the project folder, that
"The board is recognized as a 4 channels USB microphone, allowing the user to easily record the
signals on a host device using any recording software."
so, you should just have to check if the board is recognized as a microphone and then use your software of choice to record it.

then, if you want to change something in the code itself, and check it out rapidly in debug mode, you should use the "run and debug" icon (or something like that, you can recognize it because the icon resembles a bug)
you can find different tutorials on this ST youtube web page =)

hope this helps

Niccolò

what happens for which I flashed the .bin on the board and then used the STCube, is because at first I tried to see if it worked, when connected to the PC it recognizes the board as a microphone, but I try to make audio recordings and it does not capture no sound (perhaps the STEVAL-STWINMAV1 is not working correctly), plus something strange that has always happened to me is that, unlike the SensorTileBox, when I connect the SnesorTile to the PC, the folder with the data that has been saved does not appear.

The problem is that it is recording audio from the SensorTile mic, but it is not recording from the mic array.

niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @SAbba.1 ,

so now you are managing to record audio, the problem is that it's not from the mic array, right?

in this case, can you confirm that the connections are right?
(maybe post a photo of the setup)

Niccolò

Captura de pantalla 2023-09-10 123827.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-09-10 at 12.34.30.jpeg

I don't know if there is anything else to do, but from what I read in the manual it was just to connect the microphone array to the CN4 of the board (SensorTile).

I follow the indications in this pdf but I get this error when recording:

audacity.jpg

error.jpg