cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ST-LINK trying to connect to STM32H745 Disco board ,But giving cannot connect to target???

psiva.13
Associate II

Hi ,I am using STM32H745 Discovery board and trying to connect to target ,but it is giving an error prompt of cannot connect to target.

Actually I have made changes in the option bytes that is by mistake I have unchecked both the BOOT_CM7 and BOOT_CM4 option byte .Then after the board is not being connected.

I have tried of selecting the"connect under reset " in settings and holding the reset button and tried to full flash erase option but no use the issue still persists.

I have also tried of keeping BOOT0 pin in high state and tried to erase the code but no use Kindly help me out with this issue .

Thanks,

Parvathi.

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @psiva.13​ 

Please try to use CubeProgrammer instead of STM32 ST-LINK Utility, it works properly.

Best regards,

Nesrine

psiva.13
Associate II

Hi @Nesrine.JLASSI​ ,

I have used cubeprogrammer and somehow made my device to work but again the same problem occurred now , why this issue happening very frequently with this processor ,and how to completely overcome this issue??

Regards,

Parvathi

Make sure you system clock start up code correctly selects the power supply method and VOS settings.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
psiva.13
Associate II

My system clock start up code is now set to PWR_DIRECT_SMPS_SUPPLY previously it was PWR_LDO_SUPPLY. I have observed in the hardware that no voltage is getting at SMPS output side . Is it mean that the internal SMPS is gone bad ???? If yes what is the other option to overcome this issue and make my board to work.

RGari
Associate II

As for the power supply setting, the 745I Discovery board comes from the factory wired for SMPS mode. BUT (and I still need to repro to make sure it was not my mistake) STMCubeMX incorrectly configures it for LDO mode if you tell it to configure the Discovery board settings to their defaults.

psiva.13
Associate II

Thank you all ,my issue got resolved it is because of misconfiguration of my system Power configuration start up code.