cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not link compatible with the new (C++14) library (Touchgfx)

JPark.14
Associate III

Hi,

When I build STM32L4R9AI-disco touchgfx demo code with IAR 8.4 , I got 55 link errors (3 different type) like the following..

Type 1.

Error[Li060]: module "Application.o(touchgfx_core_release.a)" contains C++ code built for use with the (E)C++98 library. This code is not link compatible with the new (C++14)  library.

Type 2.

Error[Li009]: runtime model conflict: Module Application.o(touchgfx_core_release.a) specifies that '__CPP_Language' must be 'C++', but module activity_bars.o has the value  'C++14'. Modules compiled with C++14 are not link-compatible with modules that are compiled with older C++. 

Type 3.

Error[Li005]: no definition for "__iar_FSin" [referenced from Math3D.o(touchgfx_core_release.a)] 

Q1. Is there any solution with my current IAR EW?

Q2. Please let me know if I can build that code with STM32CubeIDE.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
JPark.14
Associate III

I just resolved the above 1,2,3 type errors after I imported the touchgfx_core_release.a from IAR8.x folder.

Thanks everyone about this matter.

But I have to ask a question about another errors...

Error[Li005]: no definition for "touchgfx::Font::getStringWidthLTR(unsigned char, unsigned short const *, _VA_LIST) const" [referenced from D:\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.14.0\Projects\32L4R9IDISCOVERY\Demonstrations\TouchGFX\EWARM\TouchGFX-STM32L4R9I-Discovery\Obj\Texts.o] 

Error[Li005]: no definition for "touchgfx::TextProvider::initialize(unsigned short const *, _VA_LIST)" [referenced from TextArea.o(touchgfx_core_release.a)] 

Error[Li005]: no definition for "touchgfx::LCD::drawStringLTR(touchgfx::Rect const &, touchgfx::Rect const &, touchgfx::LCD::StringVisuals const &, unsigned short const *,  _VA_LIST)" [referenced from D:\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.14.0\Projects\32L4R9IDISCOVERY\Demonstrations\TouchGFX\EWARM\TouchGFX-STM32L4R9I-Discovery\Obj\ Texts.o] 

Could you let me know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!!