cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMSIS_V2 causes "No rule to make target" error when used with ETH + LwIP

FabianEbs
Associate III

I am trying to implement MODBUS-TCP on a TouchGFX generated project. I have successfully enabled Ethernet by following this tutorial on this forum: How to create a project for STM32H7 with Ethernet and LwIP stack working and can ping my board.

In the tutorial mentioned above CMSIS_V1 is used, but for the MODBUS library which I want to use CMSIS_V2 is required ( Modbus-STM32-HAL-FreeRTOS ).

Now if I simply change CMSIS to V2, i get the error: 

make: *** No rule to make target '.../Ethernet_Test_TGFX/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/CMSIS_RTOS/cmsis_os.c', needed by 'Middlewares/FreeRTOS/cmsis_os.o'. Stop.

Is this caused by dependencies not being updated properly or how can I solve this? I already tried Refresh+Clean.

.ioc file is attached.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As I don't have your TouchGFX project I cannot test it but you can remove cmsis_os.c from the project tree. 

cmsis_os2.c is already added..

SofLit_0-1726565553955.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

@FabianEbs wrote:

make: *** No rule to make target '.../Ethernet_Test_TGFX/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/CMSIS_RTOS/cmsis_os.c', needed by 'Middlewares/FreeRTOS/cmsis_os.o'. Stop.

cmsis_os.c is for CMSIS_V1, you need to use cmsis_os2.c and port your CMSIS V1 to CMSIS V2

SofLit_0-1726561827264.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the reply!

@SofLit wrote:

cmsis_os.c is for CMSIS_V1, you need to use cmsis_os2.c and port your CMSIS V1 to CMSIS V2

The error was caused by setting CMSIS setting from V1 to V2 in CubeMX, so i need to change something else, but what and where?

As I don't have your TouchGFX project I cannot test it but you can remove cmsis_os.c from the project tree. 

cmsis_os2.c is already added..

SofLit_0-1726565553955.png

Yeah, that did the trick, thanks a lot!