cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I implement RS485 Modbus with STM32 MCU, I have the STM32F407G Discovery board and I want to connect industrial drives that have Modbus protocol in them and I want that data to be received on the MCU. Please suggest some ......

SSING.16
Associate II

8 REPLIES 8
Ozone
Lead

I would start with reviewing the many similar / identical requests here on this forum.

Thanks for replying! Yeah please suggest some solution for this problem.

> Yeah please suggest some solution for this problem.

Do your basic research yourself first, and return with a tangible question.

I have searched quite a lot online . Actually I have habit of working on Arduino and ESP8266 NODE MCU and the problem which I am asking here is because I have just switched to STM boards and I am a newbie in this, upon searching online for a solution to connect STM board with RS485 Modbus drives , I did not get any solution. Kindly help me in this ..

I think you have already found another thread here already, where a user published some of his code.

Apart from that, there are no STM32 specific libs I'm aware of. Modbus is not a use case of special interest for ST.

I'm sure there are several implementations, but many are commercial and unwilling or unable to share. I once did one for a x86 embedded platform in a commercial environment.

But several open source generic implementations on decoding Modbus requests/responses are available, a task which is mostly platform-agnostic. Just drop the STM32 focus.

The low-level driver is another question. Getting the 0,5 / 3,5 character timings right for a RTU implementation is not that trivial.

Some later variants supported a inter-character timer for UARTs, but if I remember correctly, the F40x has not.

***Edited by moderation*** - please review the posting Ground Rules for this community. Personal attacks and inflammatory comments are strictly forbidden.

Do you honestly expect volunteers here to do every job for free ?

Wake up.

***Edited by moderation*** - please refrain from using derogatory language.

***Edited by moderation*** - please review the posting Ground Rules for this community. Personal attacks and inflammatory comments are strictly forbidden.